Chapter VII: The Magicians

Chapter VII: The Magicians

A Chapter by Sheik

          “This is Kiya, a new member of the magicians. I’m showing her this room,” he said. He turned to Kiya and said, “This is Mana.”

          “I’m like his student. We grew up together in the palace,” she said.

          “Yes. Mana and I are relatives in the royal family.”

          “Nice to meet you, Mana,” said Kiya.

          Mana ran up to her and said, “You’re the only other girl in the group,” she said. “I’m automatically your best friend.”

          Kiya laughed nervously. “I’ve never had any girlfriends. All my friends are boys.”

          Mana gave her a strange look and Mahad intervened.

          “Alright, Kiya. Why don’t you take a look around the room,” he insisted.

          Kiya did and saw it was the same as the first room. The difference was what occupied the center. It was a pedestal holding a reverse pyramid. The outside was the same as Mahad’s item, except there was no top. It was like a reverse, pyramid goblet set on the pedestal.

          “The goblet is filled with water. Then the magician adds a drop of their blood while speaking a spell. This transforms the contents into the desired potion. The magician removes the goblet and pours the potion into their vessel,” Mahad explained. “Many potions are similar to certain spells.”

          “He’s right,” said Mana. “I was about to make a healing potion, if you’d like to see.”

          “Ok,” said Kiya.

          Mana took a pitcher from a shelf and filled the goblet with water. She traded the pitcher with a knife, and pricked her hand. While the blood dropped into the water, she said, “.”

          Mana poured the potion into a jar and showed it to Kiya. It looked like liquid gold.

          “I wouldn’t drink that,” she commented.

          “That’s what all potions look like,” said Mahad, “but they all taste different.”

          “Can I keep it?” she asked.

          “Why?” asked Mana, sealing the jar.

          “Because I want to test it on someone.”

          Mana gave her another weird look. “Alright,” she said, “but don’t waste it.”

          She gave her the jar.

          “Mana, can you take Kiya back to the practice room, and show her some of your spells?” asked Mahad.

          “Okay!” Mana replied, smiling.

          “I say goodbye to you now Kiya,” he said, leaving the room.

          “Let’s go!” shouted Mana, pulling her past him and all the way to the practice room.

          “Watch this,” said Mana. She held out her hand and a red circle appeared on the floor. “That’s a fire circle. Whoever steps on it will fall into its trap.”

          She took off her necklace and tossed it on the circle. For a moment, flames shot up.

          “Not the nicest prank,” Kiya said.

          “Unless you want to set someone’s pants on fire,” Mana suggested. They laughed.

          “What’s going on in here?” someone asked. The girls turned to look. It was a boy with spiked red and black hair. He had golden blond locks in the front.

          “That’s Prince Atem,” said Mana. “He never introduces himself. Atem, this is Kiya. She’s a new member of the magicians.”

          “Oh, sorry,” he replied.  Kiya bowed, like she did when any royalty passed through the streets. Except this time, she felt very uncomfortable. Noticing this, Mana spoke up again.

          “I’m showing her some different magic. This is her first day here.”

          “You never show me any magic,” he complained.

          Mana blushed. “That’s because I’m not very good…”

          “Do you want me to leave?”     

          “No! I’ll show you!”

          She held out her hand and the necklace floated back to her. Then she transmuted it into silver.

          “Those are just tricks,” he said. “Can’t you do some real stuff?”

          “Fine! Watch this!”

          She conjured a cobra and Kiya jumped.

          “Don’t worry,” said Mana. “I have its allegiance.”

          It started hissing at her.

          “Or maybe not… !” she shouted.

          The animal behaved.

          “You had to tell it first,” Atem pointed out.

          She glared at him. “Attack me,” she ordered Kiya.

          “What!”

          “Flames, sword, whatever! Just do it!”

          “If you say so…”

          Kiya raised her hand and blasted Mana with fire. At that moment, Mana shielded herself with a glowing blue light. Kiya withdrew her attack.

          “That’s called a ward, or magic shield,” said Mana. “But if you’re not careful, it won’t block everything.”

          “You daredevil!” Atem cheered. She grinned.

 

The hieroglyphs for HEAL!       

The hieroglyphs for CALM!       



© 2022 Sheik


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2022
Tags: kiya, salih, seto, yugioh, atem, pharaoh, ancient egypt, murder, thieves, desert, egyptian, revenge, magic


Author

Sheik
Sheik

TX



About
I write lyrics, fiction, and fanfiction. I use dark and romantic themes. more..

Writing
Chapter I: Betrayal Chapter I: Betrayal

A Chapter by Sheik