(The tale of) Finiël 's necklace

(The tale of) Finiël 's necklace

A Poem by ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
"

*Rewritten* Finiël was fairest of all ~ My tribute to Lord Of The Rings - All rights belong to J.R.R. Tolkien except those characters which ones I have invented myself =)

"

~~It happened once in Middle-Earth that in Lórien was born a daughter to Irimë and to an unknown Silvan Elven of Lórien and they gave her the name Finiël ~~


(Irimë House of Finwë whose parents were Finwë & Indis).

And this is the tale of Finiël's necklace. 

Finiël from the House of Finwë was the most beautiful and graceful elven-maiden of her time. Raven haired and grey eyes like morning mist. A graceful face she had and a noble and wise heart. And her kin loved her greatly. She loved singing. At the time of spring she was walking in the woods under the golden leaves and singing with the birds. She sang of those Western Lands, sang of all those distant memories which were no longer remembered otherwise except for all the elders. Thus she was the fairest.


But later Finiël moved to Imladris where she met a mortal man. A noble and wise chief of Gondor who loved her deeply. Very elven like were his facial features. He had dark hair and brown eyes.


Finiël's necklace was a gift from him to her. Silver chain which was described as a silver tree bark of Mallorn, those trees of Lórien.

There was one blue jewel which was rain drop-shaped. Blue was Finiël's favorite color. It was just as bright blue as the waterfalls of Lórien. She sat many times at the waterfall listening to the sound of water. Perhaps she heard Ulmo's (Lord of the Waters) voice whispering when the water sang to her.

Finiël wedded him in Lórien, near by the waterfall which bear another elven-maiden name. Soon after that she gave birth to a daughter. They lived together in Lórien for many happy years which were filled with great happiness.


But suddenly Finiël's husband disappeared on his way to see her on his travel from Gondor to Lórien. He died at orc's ambush and even before the news reached Lórien they told that Finiël had suddenly turned quite pale and sat quiet and motionless for a long time.

After those sad news Finiël died soon of broken heart and before that she gave her necklace to her daughter.
 
Finiël's necklace thus it will be called ~ Also known as Finiël's tear.
 















and it is a painful memory of love that disappeared from the Middle-Earth too soon.
 
 

 

 

© 2015 ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair


Author's Note

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
*Rewritten* My tribute to Lord Of The Rings - All rights belong to J.R.R. Tolkien except those characters which ones I have invented myself =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story is wonderful and sad. You create story line, good characters and strong ending. I wanted to read more. The why, who, where, when and how the characters found their final places. Thank you dear Sarah for sharing your amazing words.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

8 Years Ago

My many humble thanks to you. I might write in the future more about Finiël and her journey. The ch.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I'm glad. I would enjoy more story.
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

8 Years Ago

There is no end to the stories. =)



Reviews

The story is wonderful and sad. You create story line, good characters and strong ending. I wanted to read more. The why, who, where, when and how the characters found their final places. Thank you dear Sarah for sharing your amazing words.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

8 Years Ago

My many humble thanks to you. I might write in the future more about Finiël and her journey. The ch.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I'm glad. I would enjoy more story.
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

8 Years Ago

There is no end to the stories. =)
If you Love Tolkien, as did I,
(not the movies though, pissed me off, though Jackson did direct it well, left too much out and Eli as Frodo = fail)
I recommend checking out the HBO series Games of Thrones, you'll s**t bricks on account of how good it is... the book series though is a bit of a hard read, unless you have photographic memory. It's middleEarth-like fantasy at it's epic greatest-ness, absolutely hands down recommend checking it out.

the poem: it's a little hard for me to imagine as a song, but it does ring of beautifully crafted middleEarth like tones... recommend sending it to KateTheGreat over on youtube or trying to get a hold of her somehow else and see if she could implement it for you (she isn't that famous, so she should probably do it for you). here's a link to her page: http://www.youtube.com/user/katethegreat19

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how you told this story. I wanted to read more. J.R.R. Tolkien book is a amazing story. Your description and artwork allow the reader to desire to know more and have the desire to read the book of a great writer. Thank you.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2011
Last Updated on December 18, 2015
Tags: Lord Of The Rings, LOTR, Tolkien, Finwë, Indis, Irimë, Finiël, Híril

Author

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

Teleri of Aman ~ Middle-Earth ~ Finland



About
' I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind. ' ~Emily .. more..

Writing