Interview with a Woman Scorned

Interview with a Woman Scorned

A Poem by Ashira Macy

Why are my dreams littered with your venomous remnants?

Not once did you grace them ere our swan song.

It scathes me to spy your apathetic antics from afar.

You flutter about gaily as though we merely brushed paths.

 

And what of our promised friendship?

I am thrown away like scraps to the dogs

While secrets meant to be clandestine and encrypted

Do not escape the heroic watch of those that still hold me dearly.

 

Did our love have such little meaning?

The woman you expected to forever ripen with is so readily replaced.

Take a boy, take a girl, add two weeks, marinate in liquor.

Voila! Easy bake paramour, and sanity-free so it won’t go straight to her head.

 

Why does it disgust me so?

I wielded the sword that severed our heartstrings

And I do not thirst to revive what has long since perished.

Even so, I have need to grieve and so, I feel, should you.

© 2014 Ashira Macy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When a relationship ends it is good for both parties to take responsibility for their actions and admit the wrong doing, and as you note to actually grieve about it. The last line can be interpreted in two ways - one that you seek vengeance and wish to inflict emotional harm to him, or that you realize it is important for both of you to move on by healing and admitting it was not a good relationship.
Yes, indeed a woman scorned is as they say, "Hell hath no fury".

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this and your insight Sheila. it is much appreciated.



Reviews

Thanks for entering. I will refrain from commenting until the contest is closed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This piece would fit right inside a victorian era book! It is exquisite. It is penetrating. It is eloquently bitter. Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Haha, thank you Al, that is so sweet. I certainly do have my bitter moments.
This is a piece, from out of your gut, out of your deepest emotions, and I love to read it for a change my dear friend, sometimes in life, relationships end, and there is nothing we can do about it. People do change, and find other roads to walk on... it's most painful this "friend" you describe left you like this, but it's good you mourn about it... you need the grieve to get over this, and you will heal, and get stronger, once you let in. Next to this, look what else you have around you, you reflect the beauty of kindness, and friendship yourself. You are a good soul. A strong reflective write, most precious. Thank you.

- Elisa

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Elisa, it is always wonderful to hear you encouraging words my friend. And I will .. read more

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome, my friend, anytime... yes we have no other choice to stay strong... proud of y.. read more
We all been through what you depicted in your poetry, heart breakers are like serial killers they have no remorse of emotions. I know mostly people nearby us, start telling us value yourself, its matter of your honor, where is your selfesteem? Bla bla bla...how to show them our heart which had million pieces and still every single piece beat for the one who broke our heart! It takes its own time to heal and can only get cure when our soulmate walk in our life...you are an amazing writer my friend and your pain was deeply felt, stay strong!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you kindly Amos for your deep understanding of this piece. It is one that is very close to my .. read more
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

All the best and you're most welcome
It is sad to end in such a way
your heart it spills out
your words tell all

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your words John.
It takes bravey to opne oneself and after many times for those who entrust we get bruided and battered, we develop cynicism and just like a physical wound a scab which albeit part if our skin it is less sensitive. So the swaord of feeling cuts both ways one cannot feel too much wanting precisel what has been given by grace. Oh, but Mankind finds a way of damaging evn the most pristine of intentions not out of evildoing but out of ignorance "The drug of the sober". And as Ashira valiantly asks well I can only think that the weigh of the meaning was completely ignored by the other person. Except of course the turning point of this beutifucl writing. Why does it have to disgust me so much?
In my very limited experience and I can stress that enough becuase my love life is like the desert on a quiet moment. Met one person got married end of story I think it was 400 years ago. And I reckon she is Florence Nightinghale re - incarnated so on top I got lucky. But not all are blessed and that is what ignorance of heart will do.

Let bygones be bygones

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your poetic words of wisdom Rene! I am slowly coming to terms with my grudge t.. read more
When a relationship ends it is good for both parties to take responsibility for their actions and admit the wrong doing, and as you note to actually grieve about it. The last line can be interpreted in two ways - one that you seek vengeance and wish to inflict emotional harm to him, or that you realize it is important for both of you to move on by healing and admitting it was not a good relationship.
Yes, indeed a woman scorned is as they say, "Hell hath no fury".

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this and your insight Sheila. it is much appreciated.
beautiful writing..third stanza was awesome..a delicate piece of work but its strong inside...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you Anne, I actually had a really hard time with that stanza at first and then it finally ende.. read more
anne

9 Years Ago

my pleasure...In case of poem I can say it was good because it produced something marvellous.....
going from the stage play into this write...I had to readjust my brain of thought...yet this verse...has a vindication...spilled about the lines...as I read this work...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Haha, yes that would be quite a transition to make, they are like polar opposites, but thank you for.. read more
Glen Yumang Manese

9 Years Ago

you're welcome...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

604 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2014
Last Updated on July 18, 2014
Tags: breakups, heartache, depression, sad, anger, scorn

Author

Ashira Macy
Ashira Macy

Martinez, CA



About
I am 24 years old and just getting back into writing after not using the skill for a few years, so I am a bit rusty. I am excited to share my new work as well as some old with this community and would.. more..

Writing
Lucky Lucky

A Poem by Ashira Macy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Endless Tide Endless Tide

A Poem by willweb