Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Bleeding Poetry

Bleeding Poetry

A Poem by Ashira Macy
"

Because blood isn't enough.

"

It’s nights like this -

All silent and serene,

That my mind shrieks

As I bleed rivers of poetry.

 

Words rip at my wrists

From the inside, outward

Like jagged pieces of a broken mirror,

Shattered by my tortured soprano.

 

Rhymes burn through me,

Acid flowing through my veins

As rhythmic tears stream down

Agony scorched cheeks.

 

Prose propels needle

After toxin tipped needle

Through each and every nerve,

Jolting twinge to each transition.

 

Then… the punctuation clots

With a sudden burst of sympathy,

And as the pain ebbs away

I can relish in numb rapture.

© 2014 Ashira Macy


Author's Note

Ashira Macy
Because this is what happens when I pull an all nighter and am left alone with my thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thank you for being so honest with us as readers about what it means to you to be a poet. Thank you for capturing the true essence of what writing is to you and just how important it is to you and all who come across your words. I think this is a beautiful piece and it leaves an impact quite unlike any other. The word choice is absolutely stunning and the way your voice shines through every word is absolutely stunning. The flow is spot on and the style (as simple as it was) definitely kept the piece in tact. Great job.

phenomenally penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so glad you came across this one. Writing is truly one o.. read more



Reviews

A very dark tale of unspeakable pain. But it still carries beauty despite appearing broken. All that is needed it to pull everything together and make it one. Once that happens ..only better things will ensue.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend.
Interesting and refreshing images. Blood and our insides use as a comparision through metaphors. Unknown to me so is difficult to put myself in your shoes. But as all things bodily go bearable especially for someone like me that faints at the sight of blood. But the feeling of outpouring poetry one that I find exhuberant and fantatstic in ots own right. Unlike Ashira I rather not question the nature although I feel haunted, as if he, as it is a he in my case, resides in my temporal lobe or in the last vertabrae of my spine I couldn't care less yet the rivers of passion and creativity pulsating through the nerves waiting for words of embodiments is a beautiful image to behold.

More kindling to that fire!

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your insight Rene, it is always wonderful to hear your take on things.
You have woven together a beautiful and intriguing piece

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thanks Mary.
Different side to your sweet soul ma'am... you do dark pretty darn well, I must say and love some of the metaphors... always such a treat to read your offerings.. This one was powerful and quite affecting... well done Ashira...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

I do get a bit dark sometimes. Thank you so much April, you are so sweet! =)
hmmm, quite interesting. I like your word choices. You are quite like me if these are the thoughts you harbor at nights. I liked "Rhymes burn through me, Acid flowing through my veins." and "Then… the punctuation clots.." I thought they were apt and extremely poetic. I like this poem, definitely close to my own sensibilities.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Rocans, I am happy you connected.
Pure insanity. :)
The all Nighters are when the stream of consciousness poems flow.
These are for my personal private collection but they're mad genius in my twisted mind.
Love this piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ana, they do get a bit mad sometimes.
Wonderfully rendered. Your poetry is gently passionate and full of heart. It is a pleasure to read

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you Susan.
this is very nicely done really like this nice one :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Thank you dear!
Oh my goodness... as always, I love the way you paint the picture and pull us right into the moment and the feeling WITH you. I relate to so much of this, almost all, except the toxin tipped needle gives me pause. Figurative? Literal? How concerned should we be? :)

"rhythmic tears stream down my agony soaked cheeks" yesssssss, how often I have been right there with you. Especially lately.

You have a GIFT, my friend. I never tire of the labors of your rapture.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

Haha no worries, no real toxin tipped needles or shards of glass for that matter. Thank you so much .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1299 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 3, 2014
Last Updated on September 3, 2014
Tags: Bleeding, poetry, depression, late night, prose, sadness, numbness

Author

Ashira Macy
Ashira Macy

Martinez, CA



About
I am 24 years old and just getting back into writing after not using the skill for a few years, so I am a bit rusty. I am excited to share my new work as well as some old with this community and would.. more..

Writing
Lucky Lucky

A Poem by Ashira Macy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Street Kids Street Kids

A Poem by s y e