A Seahorse Worldview

A Seahorse Worldview

A Story by Ashira Macy
"

Just a bit of drabble that came out after reading some comments on an article explaining the difference between pro-life and pro-birth, and the hypocrisy that is embedded in the subject.

"
Sometimes I wonder what our world would be like if we were like seahorses. 
The male seahorses are the ones who carry the children. 
If men were the ones who had to take responsibility for having sex and getting pregnant without the means or preparedness to support their children...
Would society still be trying to take their reproductive rights away? 
I think about that, but then I think that the human binary way of thinking would just completely reverse the roles.
Men would be the new women. 
The oppressed sex. 
The ones who are always fighting for rights that they have been denied by the privileged. 
Because people just don't seem to have enough empathy or willingness to give up some of their own privilege. 
"The more you have, the less I have" mentality is going to be our demise if we don't
shape 
the 
f**k 
up.

© 2015 Ashira Macy


Author's Note

Ashira Macy
Talk to me. Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree, you have some interesting thoughts. Men getting pregnant and children being there responsibility, its so good,

Posted 6 Years Ago


I do agree with the reverse roles and how indeed one group will be dominant and the other passive. However, that is the problem and equality then becomes confusing and ridiculous, because for men to even have an opinion as to what women can and cannot do with their bodies is absurd

Posted 6 Years Ago


" Men would be the new women. " i love this line the most , it shows that no matter how ,society is still the same

Posted 8 Years Ago


"If men were the ones who had to take responsibility for having sex and getting pregnant"

I'd want to be ten years younger...and a woman.

There will always be someone who has but doesn't deserve and someone who deserves but doesn't have. The difference between having and not having is simply the luck of the draw (most of the time). You could also argue that we determine our own destiny. Try making that point to a gazelle getting eaten by a lion, or to a little kid dying of cancer. There will always be someone or something that's handed the short straw in life. The female black widow spider eats the male after they mate. Some people fly around in private jets while others are born into poverty and without legs to walk on. Almost every angle you look at it from it's a seemingly endless sea of undeserved privileges and punishments. It doesn't even matter what species you're a member of. There will always be opposing forces. One group trying to stomp on another group just for being different.

We'll figure it out one day.

OH AND YOU WATCH!!!......THE SECOND...and I do mean THE SECOND us humans figure it all out and start singing Kumbaya together in perfect harmony and discover the cure for all disease and the secrets to sustaining our bodies on nothing but love and skittles...YOU WATCH...Some freaking alien half BORG half shark half clown race is gonna come out of the universal woodwork to enslave us and breed us for their own food source and use the remainder of our uneaten bodies as an alternative bio fuel to help offset the proton emissions from their limited edition star cruisers. Typical.

Posted 8 Years Ago


That's exactly what I've thought about so many times. I totally agree with you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I am never the one who touts the "Plan" of the universe. But, I think about men being in charge of, and responsible for, children and my next thought is "Go Plan, good job."

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very interesting, you raised some questions which are needed to answer, thank you for such a thought provoking write

Posted 8 Years Ago


I never understood the mentality of pro-lifers, their arguments are lacking and repetitive, based on theoretical possibilities rather than real life examples. Male privilege is getting out of hand to be honest. Completely agree with everything you have said.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Shaping up is more needed than ever yet some choose ignorance as a survival mode to life, sadly, interesting thoughts :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


You bring up interesting points. It would be quite a trip if men were the ones to bear children. How would our society be different from the way it is now? Would we then want woman to bear? Or whether man or woman it doesn't matter, we'd still find something wrong.

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2015
Last Updated on October 12, 2015

Author

Ashira Macy
Ashira Macy

Martinez, CA



About
I am 24 years old and just getting back into writing after not using the skill for a few years, so I am a bit rusty. I am excited to share my new work as well as some old with this community and would.. more..

Writing
Lucky Lucky

A Poem by Ashira Macy


Distant Distant

A Poem by Ashira Macy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flux Flux

A Poem by Ashira Macy