Chapter two

Chapter two

A Chapter by Ashley Armstrong
"

The second chapter of The Sworn Protector

"
"Mugwart! It's time to go!" the Princess yells. I quickly close the book I had been reading and call back "Coming." I grab my sword and run out the door. As the Princess's bodyguard, I had to be by her side most of the time. An order that was given by the King. She didn't like it very much and she made it very clear. "I don't see why I need a bodyguard," she says angrily,"I'm the head of an army."
"Princess Willow, your father just wants you to be safe." I try to explain, but she ignores me.

The air is crisp and clear as we step outside and head to the training grounds. As we get closer, a few soldiers come to greet us. "Good morning General Willow." they say.
"Good Morning to you as well Aspen, Cyprus, Thorn, and Foxglove." the Princess replies with a smile.
"Good morning Mugwart."
"And a good morning to you."

After this brief exchange, we continue walking. The wind starts to blow sending an icy blast our way. "Winter will be here soon." Princess Willow remarks.
"The days are growing colder." I agree
"I'm glad," Aspen adds, "Fewer attacks."
Thorn says "I just hope the snow doesn't fall as bad as it did last year." We all nod in silent agreement as we remember the nearly five foot high snow. "But at least no one was dumb enough to attack us." Foxglove comments with a laugh.

"The General is here."
"Everyone get up!"
"Time to move." The shouts of the soldiers ring out across the grounds as we come into view. Princess Willow's smile instantly turns into a look of indifference. I mimic her expression. The others do the same. It was time to be serious. We had a long day ahead.

All the soldiers are in place by the time we arrive. The Princess and I go one way while the others join the rest of the troops. Princess Willow stands in front of everyone and raises her hand for silence. Once everyone is quiet, she says "Good morning. We have a long day of training ahead of us. But first I must make an announcement. I will not be here tomorrow. My father, your King, wishes for me to attend a meeting. We will be discussing a peace treaty with our enemies to the north. They could be valuable allies. While I'm gone, Foxglove will be my surrogate. You do what she says or you will answer to me. That is all. Now let's begin."

I join the soldiers as they start the daily exercises. We do the same thing every day. My mind slowly starts to wander and I start to think about how I became the bodyguard of Princess Willow.


© 2014 Ashley Armstrong


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on February 4, 2014
Last Updated on February 4, 2014


Author

Ashley Armstrong
Ashley Armstrong

Brandon, FL



About
I like reading, writing, watching anime, listening to music, and watching movies. I'm 25 years old. My favorite things are Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Anything Disney or Dreamwork.. more..

Writing