Dark Desires and Beautiful Horrors

Dark Desires and Beautiful Horrors

A Story by Ashton_Albright
"

You sit on a hillside with your fairies when the darkness inside comes out to play...

"

You sit on the hillside and watch as the balloons wonder by.  Not balloons of the traditional sense, no, these are special.  You created them with your powers over nature.  They are beautiful ways to hold the fairies that you brought with you.  The fairy may still go about its normal business but you are able to keep tract of them all.  

 

 You created these iridescence orbs just for your special, your favorite, specimens.  You are happy in the meadow with the sun warming your skin, yet you can feel that darkness you try to hide flowing up through you.  That horrible feeling that you can’t seem to always deny, your thoughts turn to one of the fairies that has been misbehaving lately.  You use the orb to lift her up and bring her around to your sight.  The fairy doesn’t fight you.  You have trained them well to just listen to you.

 

Yet this one, Mirra, has not been pollinating the flowers you told her to.  She no longer believes your threat.  That deep hate, that foreboding anger, wells in your chest just behind your sternum.  When the orb is before you it stops hanging on nothing.  A balloon with a wondrous little fairy inside, a lovely fairy, that while you watch is being incredible rude to you by not showing the proper respect.

 

You shake the balloon a round it drawing out a startled sound from the Mirra.  The other ballooned fairies start to settle on the flowers around you.  They know what is about to happen, most of them were there for the Carla Problem.  The first time you felt that want for destruction.  Mirra is so pretty, so lovely, she is the perfection of a fairy in your mind. 

 

You feel that desire to rid the world of that perfection.  It is similar to that unexplainable feeling that you have at the edge of a cliff that almost want to jump.  The balloon around the fairy becomes smaller.  You try to fight it; you try not to give into the feeling.  You try not to want to give in to that evil feeling in yourself.

 

The other fairies have crowded around now watching that show that is about to take place.  You don’t like to admit because they are so pretty, but you know that you share this want for blood with the fairies around you.  They want you do it as much as you want to. 

 

The orb shrinks again, Mirra takes note, and her mouth opens to beg you in their sing song language.  You make the orb more solid.  She cannot be heard by anything around.  The orb is slowly getting smaller until the fairy cannot sit comfortably.  She is scared, you can almost smell her fear, you love the idea of her fear more than you would ever admit aloud.

 

The other fairies are even closer now as you watch the little bones in Mirra’s body begin to snap.  Finally there is no more room to squeeze the orb down.  You expand the orb once more opening it like a bowl.  The fairies dart in and begin to feast.  You remind them that this is what happens when they do not listen to you the master.  When they don’t help your plants the way you want them to.  They become a bloody meal for the rest of the group.

 

The darkness in your chest doesn’t go away you can still feel it.  You can just resist it better now.  You don’t feel the want to squeeze them all down to nothing.  You can still feel them all moving about you, going about their business all covered in blood.  You wonder what the rest of the group will do when they see this group.  They will know you killed Mirra and that the group took part in her blood.  They will probably be jealous.  You use your powers over nature to create marvelous orbs, iridescent balloons, to create prisons and death chambers.  You sit on the hillside just as before enjoying the sun warming your skin.  Everything is perfect your life for the moment.

© 2013 Ashton_Albright


Author's Note

Ashton_Albright
All reviews welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on February 25, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013
Tags: fairies, first person, narrative, fantasy

Author

Ashton_Albright
Ashton_Albright

NC



About
I am in my mid twenties and dream to one day be published. I write to express myself. I write because I can't not write. I write to share the world that lives in my mind. more..

Writing