Part 1

Part 1

A Chapter by Asilem

Something was wrong.

It was almost pitch black outside. Not that that was strange. It’s almost midnight. But the bluish-white glow from the full moon was enough light for me to see from the inside of my car that the front door of my house was open.

As I got out of my car I glanced wearily back toward the front door. It was wide open. This was not normal. Dad always closed the door.

I almost got back in my car and called the police. Almost. Instead I slid my hand into my pants pocket, feeling for my pocket knife. I pulled it out and gripped it tightly. Then I slowly made my way inside.

The creaking of the floor board was nothing new to me as I stepped through the threshold, but I paused mid-step all the same. I pressed forward after a few seconds of silence, moving carefully down the hall in the darkness. I didn’t want to turn on the lights to alert whoever has here to my presence. If they didn’t know already.

I advanced as quietly as I could down the hall. I paused at the corner of the living room, slowly peeking around it, my eyes scanning the room. I held my knife at the ready.

Then suddenly I heard a big slam. I jerked toward the sound.

I had just enough time to realize that it was the front door that had closed before someone grabbed me from behind. His left arm pinned my left arm to my side and his right hand covered my mouth, smothering my scream. I felt his hot breath in my ear.

I instantly started to struggle, biting down hard on his hand and stabbed my knife into his thigh.

He howled in pain and released me. I hurriedly stumbled forward, my hand still tightly gripping my knife. It was yanked out of his leg as I fell.

“You b***h!” he yelled.  He came to his knees, hissing as he landed. I started scrambling away as fast as I could on my hands and knees. I screamed in terror when I felt his hand grab my ankle. I twisted around and tried to slash his face with my knife, but before I could do so, he grabbed my wrist, taking my knife from my hand.

His dark eyes were bright with fury and murderous rage as he swung his arm in the air. I closed my eyes.

I felt nothing.

I opened my eyes and saw another man snatching the knife out of the first man’s hand and sliced his throat. I screamed again as blood spewed from the wound, coating me with drops of blood.

The man shoved the dead guy’s body away. I watched the body slump beside me, and then my eyes slid to look at my savior.

He was tall, wearing all black, and a ski mask.

I take that back, he was definitely not my savior.

He bent down, gripped my arm hard and pulled me to my feet forcefully. He bound my wrists together, and tied a blindfold over my eyes.

                “Who are you?” I asked. He was dragging me down the hall. “Why did you kill him?”

                “Would you have preferred me not to kill him?” the guy said. “He would have killed you!” He shoved me through the front door and down the front steps. “Besides, I needed to get rid of him anyway. Now hold still.”

                I was about to ask what he meant, when what felt like a cloth was placed over my mouth. Panicking, I took quick breaths. The cloth smelt funny. And the next thing I knew, I blacked out.

 

 



© 2013 Asilem


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very strong introduction. You held my attention with the struggle and how you ended the chapter. I wanted to read more. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Asilem

11 Years Ago

Thank you for commenting on it. :)
....I am pleasantly surprised, nice intro into the story....liked it.:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Asilem

11 Years Ago

Thank you. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

363 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013
Tags: kidnapped, taken, terrified, guns, knives, death, burglers, suspense


Author

Asilem
Asilem

Washinton DC, DC



About
all about me!!Created by cutiepie656 and taken 13227 times on Bzoink*Basics*name: Asilem birthday: 3/20/98 zodiac sign: Picses where were you born: Virginia where do you live now: Virginia height: 5'7.. more..

Writing