Shadow upon that Scar

Shadow upon that Scar

A Poem by Aspiringthinker
"

This is something I wrote about 6 years ago that I came across, I have shared it with a few friends and a few said I should publish it, So I am giving it a go.

"

A fresh open flesh wound does not hurt as much as the time it takes to recover from the agony of it, the thought of it, feeling the first drop of blood of it brings back the memories of those cuts. The lessons we learned from them and our encounters teach us to never go back to what we have painfully experienced. Our healed scars will always remind us of the past memories, the memories that linger upon us at every stare we cast a shadow upon that scar. The faded marks lighten the touch of our skin and hearts as it settles in so slowly. The sadden feelings return so gently, feeling so soothing as it arrives in calmness and over bears are thoughts of yesterday’s treachery. It may haunt us, enlighten us but yet always reminds us of such times of our true character of weakness, strength and willingness. If our thoughts cannot be forgotten, then change the expectations and never to turn back on the agreement. We cannot always control what we want, feel, love or desire. We can always learn to forgive but its the moment we have to forget which is the most crucial. All these aspects leave us with cuts and scars but the ones who are willing are the ones who are the most giving.

© 2016 Aspiringthinker


Author's Note

Aspiringthinker
Should I start back writing again, I still do have doubts on it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on October 3, 2016
Last Updated on October 3, 2016
Tags: thoughts, memories, cuts, willing, recover, painfully, open, ones, moment, marks, love, linger, leave, learn, hearts, gently, feeling, drop, change, brings, remind, scars, touch, treachery, true