The Wishing Bone

The Wishing Bone

A Story by A-Love
"

A girl wishes for some sort of a sign that God's watching over her. Does he grant the wish?

"
She sat on her bed thinking. "Why are we here? What Purpose do we have on this planet?" She was interrupted by a small tapping noise on the window. The tapping came from a magnificent white dove holdIng a twig in its beak. It stared at the girl for a moment before taking off. The girl opened the window and retrieved the twig. "How curious," the girl said aloud. She then sat on the bed with the twig in hand and continued thinking.

Moments later the girl's thoughts were inturupted once again by her sister's excited squeals. "Look Vanessa, mom gave me the wishbone from Thanksgiving! Wanna do it?" Vanessa's family had this tradition where you take the wishbone from the turkey and when its hardened two people break it. The one with the bigger piece get the wish.

So Vanessa and her little sister continued the tradition and broke the wishbone. The sister slumped out of the room having lost the match, and Vanessa made her wish. "I wish... I wish that God would give me a sign that he is there." She set then bone down and sighed thinking once again.

Vanessa woke up in the morning and filled her glass with water, and returned to the table. She gasped as she slammed her hand on a knife. The blood trickled into the water turning the shade to a shallow red. Her sister came in and gasped as well. After Vanessa's hand was bandaged her sister finally said something.

"You know that cup reminded me of that Bible story, Moses, where the river turns to blood?" she said.

"Yah, youre right."

Things like this kept happening to Vanessa over the week. Countless Bible resembelences kept flooding her way and her Christian friends and family reminded her of them. Did Vanessa's wish come true? Were these signs really from God?

© 2012 A-Love


Author's Note

A-Love
Hey guys, Hope you liked my first story. Well because its true. Yah I'm Vanessa. This really happened to me. I wanted my first story to tell you a lot about me. I also wanted to ask your opinion, do you think God sent the dove?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2012

Author

A-Love
A-Love

LA, CA



About
Hey guys! My name is Astacia and I love to read and and right. I prefer writing poetry. If I do write a story it's either a fan fic or a true story. A true story that I've written on here is The Wishb.. more..

Writing
A Ghost A Ghost

A Poem by A-Love


Ocean of Love Ocean of Love

A Poem by A-Love