Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Atermon_hours

She opened her eyes with great difficulty. Her head was spinning and it hurt her to even think properly. Groaning, Persephone rolled out of her bed.

"Pers! What are you doing, sleeping for so many hours? It's time to wake up!" A loud female voice came from the lower floor.

Persephone's vision was still unable to focus properly.

"Pers! Do you want me to come up there?" the voice yelled.

"I'm awake aunt!" Persephone answered with a bass voice that was unlike hers.

She was now somewhat awake.

As she sat up, she noticed the book she found, lying on the floor and remembered the previous day.

Hesitating, she managed to pick up the book to take a closer look at it. It had a black, dusty cover with the title 'Spades' engraved on it.

"Open it!" a little voice inside her head told her.

As she started to open it another voice pierced hear ears:

"Don't you dare open it!"

Scared, she let the book slip from her hands. It dropped on the floor with a thud. She turned around frantically.

"Who said that?" she asked afraid that someone might answer.

The only thing she could hear was the sound of the cars outside.

"It must have been my imagination." she told herself reassuringly as she breathed heavily.

"Pers! Breakfast is ready!" her aunt yelled from downstairs.

Persephone picked up the book and hid it beneath her mattress. Then she proceeded to run down the stairs. She was met by a woman in her sixties with white hair, piercing green eyes and a gray robe.

"Finally..." she commented as she headed to the kitchen with Persephone following her.

They both sat down on the two chairs that were there, and they started eating breakfast.

"So how was your last day of school? I couldn't ask you yesterday since you were sleeping." her aunt told her.

"I was tired, that's all. Oh, and the last day of school was fun...I guess..." Persephone spoke between her bites.

After she finished eating, she headed upstairs and got dressed to go out in her usual walk in the playground.

As she reached the playground she found it empty. There was nobody there since most of the kids were on vacations. She sat on her favorite swing and started thinking about the library. Her thoughts were interrupted as she herd a loud crash. She quickly stood up and turned towards the source of the sound.

It was a car-crash.

"Ah!" she cried out as she spotted her aunt's car. She started running towards her. There was blood all over her aunts head coming from an injury in her forehead.

"Someone call an ambulance!" she yelled as she started to cry. "Please! Help!"

Luckily someone appeared. He hurried and called and ambulance from his cell phone while Persephone was curled in the fetal position bawling her eyes out.

Twenty minutes later and ambulance arrived that took Persephone and her injured aunt to the hospital.


© 2010 Atermon_hours


Author's Note

Atermon_hours
English is not my native language so I know there are acouple of grammar and spelling issues...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010


Author

Atermon_hours
Atermon_hours

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Greetings... My name is Lydia and I live in Greece. I enjoy reading and writing stories. I love poetry even though I'm not very good at it. I also enjoy sketching taking long walks and playing th.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Atermon_hours