Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Atermon_hours

The man was tall and dressed in black that came just past his shoulder-blades and a pair of bullet-gray eyes. His lips had a bluish tint and his skin was white as a marble.

"W-who are you?" Persephone asked scared.

"Well I go by many names but basically I'm the Ace of Spades..." he spoke with his velvet-like voice.

Persephone was still perplexed. The man saw the confusion on her face and elaborated.

"Each person has four books that are intertwine to his being. Diamonds, Hearts, Clubs and Spades. Each book is divided into volumes and each volume is connected to an immortal creature."

She thought for a while.

"Are you immortal?" she finally asked.

The man nodded.

"What is your name?" she asked still unsure of what to think of him.

"I...I don't have an actual name. People usually call me by my title." he spoke as his features darkened.

"Your title?" she said.

"Yes I go by many names in the human world: Thanatos, Azrael, Grim Reaper...Death." He uttered the last word quietly.

"Death? Y-you're Death?" Persephone asked afraid.

"Well to be more specific I'm your Death, each person has a different one." Death said not daring to look the child in the eyes.

"Have you come for me then?" Persephone inquired, worrying for her life.

"No, I was always beside you, ever since the day you were born. You called me by reading this poem. I will always be with you until the day that I shall claim your soul will come" Death said softly as he trying not to scar the child permanently.

Persephone's mind was working like crazy. A thousand questions were flowing in her head but she could only utter one.

"Why me?"

"You may call it luck or coincidence. Nevertheless you found one of the volumes and you have its 'Ace' to do as you please." He spoke as he bowed slightly.

"Can you not take my aunt then?" she asked with hope gleaming from her eyes.

"She's not in my custody, nor can I change fate..." he started but was interrupted by Persephone.

"You said you'd do as I please!" she said with tears filling her eyes."Please! I'm begging you! I'm sure you can do something to save her!"

"Persephone.." he begun.

"How do you know my name?" she asked.

"I know everything there is to know about you child...And you need to accept that somethings cannot change." he spoke softly.

Persephone then asked him something that she feared the most.

"Does this mean, that auntie will...die?"

"I'm afraid so Persephone...I'm deeply sorry but these things are part of life." Just as he finished talking the phone rung.

"Hello?" Persephone answered it trying to keep her voice steady.

"Yes miss Persephone? I'm calling to inform you that your aunt Adissa passed away...We are terribly sorry.."

She stayed still. Persephone couldn't believe that this was happening. She hung up, lunged towards Death and started pounding her small fists on his body.

"It's your fault!" she sobbed as she kept hitting him.

Death made no move to stop her.

After a few minutes her anger ceased and was replaced by hurt. She didn't stop crying and Death made no move to silence her. He only tried to bring her comfort by talking to her.

"It's ok to grieve. It's a healthy reaction and it will help feel relief from the pain you are currently feeling. So cry and please keep it in mind, people will always die." He spoke as if he knew exactly what she was thinking.

Half an hour passed and her crying stopped. She wiped her tears on her green sleeves and decided to stop thinking about it even if it was difficult. So she changed the subject.

"And what may I call you?" she asked with a coarse voice.

"You can call me whatever you want..." he answered.

"Very well then...I'll name you...Seth" she told him.

And he nodded, accepting his baptism.


© 2010 Atermon_hours


Author's Note

Atermon_hours
English is not my native language so I know there are acouple of grammar and spelling issues...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010


Author

Atermon_hours
Atermon_hours

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Greetings... My name is Lydia and I live in Greece. I enjoy reading and writing stories. I love poetry even though I'm not very good at it. I also enjoy sketching taking long walks and playing th.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Atermon_hours