Just A Thought

Just A Thought

A Story by Athena Suleiman

I’ve crashed into the world.  I say this because there are too many things I’ve hit to be specific.  My mind wanders and then it happens.  Collapse.  A collision between rational and absurdity�"thoughts and processes.  Sitting in a class talking about naturalism, racism, and all those other ism’s that cause a rift between human kind my eyes drift to an ant on the ground.  He (I’m assuming) is ambling along.  Then stops.  And goes again.  He answers to only himself�"stopping and starting when necessary to get the job done.  He isn’t hounded by others who have more clout, and what does power have to do with what is right and wrong, what we should and should not be doing anyway?  I say we simply for the fact that we are all herded like sheep (referring to sheep in the stereotypical sense) under one who has a greater power.  The professor just said Hitler.  I don’t think this ant has to deal with mass murders of it’s loved ones; except for when guerilla warfare hits as forests are demolished, or boot camp takes a run through the woods, perhaps even children with magnifying glasses on the sidewalk.  Then again maybe the difference between humans and the ‘pitiful little insects’ we step upon isn’t as great as common belief.  So that woman you passed in the parking garage last winter asking for a spare dollar to spend on her one and only vice is the same as that old neighbor who paid you five dollars to trim the hedges who is the same as your co-worker who you’ve had your eye on but are too afraid to do anything about who is the same as the man who said “A man is but the product of his thoughts.  What he thinks, he becomes”.  The hazards of having class outside.

© 2010 Athena Suleiman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I always loved class outside . . . even if my mind wandered.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2010
Last Updated on January 25, 2010

Author

Athena Suleiman
Athena Suleiman

Everywhere and then some



About
I'm going crazy. Come along? more..

Writing