The Goddess

The Goddess

A Story by Aurafiex
"

The tale of a defeated goddess.

"

Aria, goddess of life, sat completely still under the shadow of a massive obsidian statue that she was chained to by rusted manacles. She was left alone to wallow in her solitude, her enemies having grown weary from her prolonged defiance.


She had a face and body that was once said to be the envy of any who would behold her. However, centuries of extended abuse had left her battered and broken. Her once pristine white robes were now smeared in patches of dried blood and tears, milestone markers of her unending agony.


The statue that towered above her broken form was crafted in the ghastly likeliness of her nemesis, a demon who took the form of a massive obsidian dragon. They had fought against the other for control over all creation, a right she had zealously guarded from those who would defile the sanctity of life.


Twenty millennia they battled, each bout deadlier than the last. As the aspect of life, Aria abhorred violence in any form. However, she had little choice but to take up arms, for if he were allowed to engorge himself on the souls of man, all of creation would eventually fall to his unending hunger.


A lapse of concentration allowed him to gain the upper hand, causing her defeat. However, she managed the last laugh in their contest, for she had warded all of creation from his jaws with her immortal soul. Since then, he had spared no expense in attempting to break her in order to make her rescind her vow.


She knew that he would have slain her then and there, but as a divine being, she could never enter death’s door. Knowing this, he set his minions loose on her, rending and tearing at her in various unspeakable ways that frayed both body and mind. The fiends even manipulated the flow of time within her prison, making each second seem like an eternity as they cut at her flesh with rusted hooks and flayed her with burning chains.


However, despite all the knives and blades he had so enthusiastically placed into her, she would not yield, knowing full well that the fate of her children rested solely upon her. Through her mirror, she knew that her sacrifices had allowed her children to prosper and thrive. In a way, their happiness was her comfort, a panacea in the face of her trials.


Eventually, even he grew weary of her unbreakable spirit, having resorted to countless forms of insidious torment to subjugate her over the millennia. In frustration, he placed upon her a curse that bore the full extent of his hunger and contempt, damning her to stay motionless for all eternity, lest she unravel her grand design by her own hand.


And thus, Aria was left alone in a forsaken corner of the endless void, accompanied only by the likeliness of her rival whose dark visage watched her every waking moment, as if in cruel mockery of her predicament.


Now, she couldn’t take another step, nor move an inch from her prison, now an open cell as if in mockery of her predicament. While she longed to be free of her shackles, she could not, for that meant destroying everything she had sacrificed so much to preserve.

© 2016 Aurafiex


Author's Note

Aurafiex
Hi!

Do let me know what you think! If you've enjoyed this story, do check out my book on the Amazon Kindle Store, The Best of Aurafiex - A Short Story Collection.

Buy it now at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GX7EVLC

Have a nice day!






My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good Aurafiex, I enjoyed your story. Very creative and well written. Your story was believable in this realm. I look forward to reading your new creation. Richie B.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Love it. Great Job. There is great details and its very easy to read. 100/100

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 7, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016
Tags: Goddess, Idol, Demon, Worship, Humans, Creation, Conflict, Hell, Heaven

Author

Aurafiex
Aurafiex

Singapore



About
Hi! I enjoy World of Warcraft, music and swimming. I'm someone who writes for fun. Pardon any typos or mistakes, because I write on my phone(lol). I'm new here, so if you like what you see do.. more..

Writing
My Webnovel! My Webnovel!

A Story by Aurafiex


Into Hell Into Hell

A Story by Aurafiex


Midnight Midnight

A Story by Aurafiex



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beauty Beauty

A Story by Aurafiex


Neo's Quest Neo's Quest

A Story by Aurafiex


The End. The End.

A Poem by K. Harding