Golem

Golem

A Chapter by Aurafiex

The guardian constructs of those who ruled from above have always been an envy of mine. Beautiful and deadly, much like a rose filled with thorns. Such has been my life’s work, that I may one day emulate such magnificence.


.....


My opportunity came one fateful day, amidst the chaos of an invading army. I was summoned by the king to create a construct to end the war. Great would be my reward, should I succeed. I had created numerous constructs before, but they were all of inferior materials, little more than cannon fodder. Not anymore.


.....


With vast resources now at my disposal, I crafted her in the image of my dreams, thoughts borne from my envy. With a feminine body of enchanted obsidian, adorned with silver hair as lethal as steel blades and gold-plated armaments that could shape light into both sword and shield, she stood an unblinking sentinel, my magnum opus.


....


And yet, her body lacked empowerment. This complication was soon corrected when I fed her the blood of a freshly slain servant girl. A shame, really. I had developed a taste for her tea over the past year.


....


The construct roared to life, her obsidian body and flowing silver hair seething with animated hatred, her ruby-set eyes demanding blood. Not that her desires mattered, for soon there would be entire battlefields of flesh and blood for her to reap in the coming days.



© 2016 Aurafiex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good opening chapter. I like the description. You gave some history and you set-up the story with skill. Thank you my friend for sharing he excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Although in Jewish tradition a Golem is a monster created from clay or mud, I rather like the creature you've created. I think the chapter could be expanded and more detail worked in, and although the language seems rather formal it fits quite well.
One thing, is the servant girl's name via, or is that a typo?
Good start

Posted 7 Years Ago


Aurafiex

7 Years Ago

Oh, thats a typo. Thanks for pointing it out!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 14, 2016
Tags: Golem, Grimoire, Monsters, Construct, Animated, Short, Short Story


Author

Aurafiex
Aurafiex

Singapore



About
Hi! I enjoy World of Warcraft, music and swimming. I'm someone who writes for fun. Pardon any typos or mistakes, because I write on my phone(lol). I'm new here, so if you like what you see do.. more..

Writing
My Webnovel! My Webnovel!

A Story by Aurafiex


Into Hell Into Hell

A Story by Aurafiex


Midnight Midnight

A Story by Aurafiex



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mother Mother

A Poem by Beccy