Dagon

Dagon

A Chapter by Aurafiex

She slumbers within her tomb, lost within a city of innumerable, nameless and unspeakable crimes. It is her prison, cast into depths unfathomable, condemned where even the bravest of men would hesitate to tread. Lost in a death-like and dreamless sleep she is, bodiless and weak.


….


Around her prison her scaly followers rally, their bloated, gurgling cries in prayer to unbind the ancient seals cast by mortal heroes long past, their sacrifices of mortal flesh and blood quickening her inevitable reconstitution.


….


Amidst universal pandemonium she shall be reborn, where the strength of mankind wanes, torn by war. The dark ocean floor shall swallow the world in an endless storm, drowning the unworthy and unfaithful. Only the faithful will remain, and they shall rise from the slimy seabed and dark billows with reeking talons to inherit what little remains.



© 2016 Aurafiex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. The story is very good. You have hooked the reader and I like how each chapter add to the tale and the mystery. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a very interesting chapter and it contains such strong imagery. The words explode on the page and paint a vivid picture of someone or something held within a tomb that will one day be reborn "amidst universal pandemonium". I really would like to commend you on your creativity. Keep up the good work and good luck in your future endeavors.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a good bit. Descriptive and intense. You set the scene well. The only change I would suggest is 'enraptured'. Wrapped may work better. Good write

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2016
Last Updated on December 8, 2016
Tags: Grimoire, Monster, Monsters, Fiend, Short Story, Short, Collection, Dagon, Sea Monster, Prophecy


Author

Aurafiex
Aurafiex

Singapore



About
Hi! I enjoy World of Warcraft, music and swimming. I'm someone who writes for fun. Pardon any typos or mistakes, because I write on my phone(lol). I'm new here, so if you like what you see do.. more..

Writing
My Webnovel! My Webnovel!

A Story by Aurafiex


Into Hell Into Hell

A Story by Aurafiex


Midnight Midnight

A Story by Aurafiex



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..