Dear Dennis

Dear Dennis

A Story by Xena Rose
"

I wish I would have sent this while you were still alive...

"

Dear Dennis,

I want you to know how loved you are. You are so important to each and every one of us.
As your journey nears its end I want to thank you for being a beautiful part of this world. You are such a lovely soul.
I don’t know how it feels to be you, and I will never know how it feels until my time has come. I might not get cancer as you have, but I will die one day, just as we all do; some sooner than others.
You’re so insanely brave and we’re proud of you.
There’s no easy way to write this, but I hope you are able to decipher my meaning from it. There aren’t any words intricate enough to describe what you must have been through and are possibly still going through.
I love you so much and the time spent with you was more than a blessing.
My mom talks about you and we wish we could spend every day with you.
It’s amazing to see you smile and be so positive through this. I’d never pull it off. I hope you are feeling at peace inside your mind, and just know that so many people care for you.
I pray that whatever happens when you go, that you are at peace and filled with love from your family and friends. It was wonderful getting to know you and I’m so happy I got to be a part of your life, even if just for a little bit.
I won’t say I’m sorry that this “horrible thing” is happening to you, because I know you don’t want pity or sadness in your last days. I’ll just say how absolutely wonderful it’s been to know you. And who knows? Maybe it’s the best thing that can ever happen to a person, we just have to wait and see!
It hurts to let go of you, but I want you to be happy. I love you so much, and I will miss you, forever and always. I wish you all the best wherever you go Dennis. Thanks for teaching me to be strong and resilient. If I ever get a guardian angel, I hope it’s you. Goodbye (for now).

With all the love in the universe, Lucy.

P.S. You will be alive forever, in my memories.

© 2019 Xena Rose


Author's Note

Xena Rose
just a letter to my uncle that I never got to send
I was going to send it after school but he died that morning

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on March 8, 2019
Last Updated on March 8, 2019
Tags: death, sadness, despair, loss of loved one, goodbye, grief, poetry