Mommy's Make-up

Mommy's Make-up

A Poem by LadyR513
"

From a child's eyes

"

I like to play in mommy’s make-up. I like to color my lips with her lipstick, and use blush on my cheeks. I use the powder she uses and her perfume that makes her smell so sweet. Her eye shadow looks so pretty when I look in the mirror at me.

I like to sit and watch mommy put on her make up. I pay attention to the details as she puts it on her eyes. The blush she blends in just right. The mascara she uses to make her lashes long.

 

My mommy takes such good care of herself. She tells me she soaks in the bath tub to make sure her skin remains extra soft and she also said that it was relaxing. So I sit with her until daddy comes home. We laugh and giggle and she tells me how much she loves me. Then her facial expression changes as daddy walks through the door asking where she is. She tells me to go play as she wraps up her body.

 

I walk past daddy in the hallway and he smiles at me. He gives me a new teddy bear and movie and tells me to go watch TV, and use the new headphones he bought me. He says it was to make it seem like I was in the movies. So I did. Movies was over, so as a kid I did some exploring and heard my mommy crying, but I heard a sad song in the background so I thought that was the reason why.

 

The day I went to go kiss my mommy good morning and she had her face underneath the pillow. She said she wasn’t feeling well, and didn’t want to make me sick. She shooed me off to the kitchen and she would make me breakfast in a minute. When she came out she was fully dressed. Her make-up was so pretty. I wanted to look just like her. Mommy smiled at me. I went to hug her and she almost buckled. I asked her what was wrong she said nothing she just slept funny. She told me to go play.

 

I like to play in mommy’s make-up. I like to color my lips with her lipstick, and use blush on my cheeks. I use the powder she uses and her perfume that makes her smell so sweet. Her eye shadow looks so pretty when I look in the mirror at me. She came into the bedroom and I had her make up all over me. The smile on my face faded when I saw the tears in her eyes which made me cry. She held me tightly and told me that I looked so lovely. She kissed and told me to go play.

 

Mommy has been napping. She’s been sleeping the day away. I went to go and check on her and the spots looked like she had been rolling in purple and blue clay. I tried to wipe them off, but they wouldn’t go away. I had a great idea, to put her make up on her and make her look pretty so when she woke up she would be happy. I finished mommy’s make up and she look so pretty, but all that work made me sleepy. I lay down next to mommy and joined her in a nap.

 

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Two Weeks Later~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I watched mommy sleeping peacefully, looking pretty in her white gown and hands folded over her chest. Today was the day they were laying down to rest. They let me help with her make-up. They let me color her lips with lipstick, and put blush on her cheeks. Put the powder on her that she uses, and the perfume that makes her smell so good. The eye shadow that makes her looks so pretty and the mascara that makes her lashes so long.

 

They knew I liked to play in mommy’s make-up so they let me do it once more before she was gone.

 

 

Lady R © 2012

 

 

© 2012 LadyR513


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on December 18, 2012
Last Updated on December 18, 2012

Author

LadyR513
LadyR513

Cincinnati, OH



About
I'm a 28 year writer from Cincinnati Oh. I self published my first book of poetry and short stories back in March of 2012. I'm currently working on my second book. more..

Writing
Question Question

A Poem by LadyR513