I write because...

I write because...

A Poem by Author_4_U

I write because…

I write because I love the art and the magic of Literature.

I write because it keeps me safe, sane and connected to you.

I write because it takes me to the places that I want to go and those that wish to join me in the journey, may grasp my hand and my heart; in this stroll through this moment of time.

I write because when no one was there, the word was there: The word has always been and always will be the preeminent being in my universe.

I write because it allows me; to allow you to be understood and we are joined for a moment in time.

I do not write because it comes from a place of grammatical perfection; free of line breaks in perfected poetry; for my history is one of line breaks and imperfections.

I do not come to you from a place of polished and perfected; educated and critiqued.

No! I come to you from a place of raw, real, gutsy and riveting. What I give you is raw, real and riveting; with all of its imperfections and inconsistencies.

You have been touched, you have been curious and you have been intrigued; you have come back looking, longing, expecting or not…

But then suddenly you were surprised; surprised that you could be moved; surprised that your preconceived ideas had been shattered by one that writes because…


©2013 Amber Hawkins

© 2013 Author_4_U


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: Prose, musing, poetry

Author

Author_4_U
Author_4_U

Charlotte, NC



About
Amber presently hosts a TV program in the Charlotte NC area. She has written several self help books and has now ventured into other genres. She is very active in the fight to end hunger; and quite .. more..

Writing
Angel Angel

A Story by Author_4_U