Davy Jones

Davy Jones

A Story by AutumnRose
"

Davy Jones Article

"

When you hear the name Davy jones, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Do you think of a man cursed to sail the seas, or do you think of a man who "monkees" around? Former Monkee, Davy Jones, has not been much of a public figure since The Monkees split in December 1968.

Originating from a television show first debuted on September 12, 1966 airing 58 half hour shows, The Monkees were formed by luck. As their luck continued to rise Peter tork, Michael Nesmith, Micky Dolenz, and David Jones became the new pop sensations over night. However, it seems that at the height of their careers the band split due to former band mate Peter Tork. It is said that he felt dissatisfied with the seperate ways the groups' recordings had taken, and he split. After a 30-year reunion tour in 1996 ending in the U.K., The Monkees have yet to reunite once again. With a few words from former fill-in Kelly Guin you will find out what it was like to work with The Monkee himself, David T. Jones. When on the road in 1990, Davy stumbled across Kelly Guin and his band in Mishawka, Indiana. After a few practices together Davy felt that Kelly's band should tour with him. Guin says that Davy treated them well and was quite a character, he recalls that Davy had broken his arm jockeying in a race when his horse collapsed dead throwing Davy across the track. Guin says that even with a broken arm Davy did not complain he kept on going as if nothing had happened. When playing on the East Coast of Hartford, Conneticut Davy had arrived just an hour befor the show and seemed revved up and ready to go, while Kelly and the other band members had been flown in that Friday.  At that show Davy had brought down the house with  fellow musicians such as Jerry Lee Lewis, the Associations, The Buckinghams, and a few others. Davy, a role model since the sixties is growing older but he is still loved by millions everywhere. With dates scheduled all over the United States and The United Kingdom, this man is busy. However one thing is for sure Davy always has time for his fans!

© 2008 AutumnRose


Author's Note

AutumnRose
What do you think??

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on July 17, 2008

Author

AutumnRose
AutumnRose

Plainfield



About
I take intrests in writing, drawing, singing, and I am just recently dipping into photography. I am pretty much a one woman travelling circus! On June 9, 2008 the death of my inspiration shook my worl.. more..

Writing