Diary of the late John Blandly

Diary of the late John Blandly

A Story by avant security guard
"

a couple of entries from JB's diary

"

Diary of the late John Blandly



He isn't dead, he just isn't here yet



2004



Just in case we forget: Last night, in the vast reaches of the Rensselaer Technology Park, I attended a party. It was a reception for artists whose work was accepted to be auctioned off on WMHT later this month. My main goal was to get a few photos of my painting so I could prove it had been there. I ran into some kids, two boys, probably ten years old, as I was looking down a vacant hall in my search for my painting.

I said to one of them, just joking, “Anything down there?”

Nope,” one said. “Just the bathrooms.”

I found my painting and was taking pictures in a way that I hoped was not too noticeable. The two kids came in the room. One of them pointed to my painting, "Clums Corners," a takeoff on Thiebald,  and said to the other, “This is my favorite.”

I couldn’t believe it!

They didn’t notice me there, and had no way of knowing it was my painting.

Anyway, I said to them, “Hey, stand next to the painting.”
I then took one of the kid's picture next to my painting. Then I handed him the ballot I'd been given when I walked in. We were all supposed to vote for our favorite.

I said, “Here. Vote for my painting.”
Sure enough, the two guys huddled over the note and were kind enough to write out a vote for my painting.

When I was leaving I overheard a woman say, “You're not voting for my painting?”
I then realized she was one of the kid’s mother. So, I really don't know how it all ended up, if I got a vote or not.

I had to rush out of there in order to make it to Schenectady at 7 pm for the shooting of an independent feature film, “Diamonds,” in an semi-abandoned building next to Proctors. I was an extra. I was cast as a detective. All us extras sat at desks and pretended to talk about cases as they shot scenes with the actors. I had a realistic toy gun that I’d used in other shoots sticking out of my pocket as I slammed a computer keyboard with my elbow, pretending it wasn’t working, just for laughs.



2012



Fashion Night Out in Bryant Park



Ebook authors, John Blandly, Pantson Fire, Felicity Jones and Rory Macbeth hosted a President's Weekend Fashion Week cocktail party on February 19th at Bryant Park over the weekend.


You still have a chance to check out Fashion Week events in New York City, and perhaps, if you are a model, get noticed by having your photograph taken in beautiful Bryant Park.


If you are not sure you want to do that, bring your skates, because the rink there is outstanding. Plus, you can sip a craft draft under the trees warmed by outdoor heaters. That is, if you're not hot enough already.


In a nice new trend, former models were seen pushing their baby carriages, and just soaking up the territory of their former glory. And, yes, sure, the kids were cute, seen in the latest Italian strollers from Nieman Marcus.


Fashion NiteOut is now held in The Waldorf



© 2014 avant security guard


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice concept. I liked reading it. Thanks for the comments. I like to talk big but I'm way too antisocial to want anything to do with someone else's computer.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Added on September 24, 2014
Last Updated on September 24, 2014
Tags: NYC, models, filmmaking, art

Author

avant security guard
avant security guard

Atlantica, NY



About
actor, artist, filmmmaker, novelist, novelost, wegetonabus--among pen names: Ebooks by John Blandly Smashwords home page https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AvantSecurityGuard Nook home page .. more..

Writing