chapter-3

chapter-3

A Chapter by Avanthika

Not much of a good start, half of the day in college was still remaining. In the break, boys would look for pretty girls and the girls would give a side way look so that the boys don’t notice them, though the boys could even smell their look from a far distance.

 

Every hour repeated the same which started with the introduction part and Abhilasha just hated it the most. With just two members in the family Abhilasha didn’t have much to say while the others would describe their family in elaborate as if the students really bothered to hear that. Even after 3 introductions not many of the names were remembered, however the boys were faster than the girls in catching the names of the pretty ones. Among the introduction was one name such name which even Abhilasha noted. It was Abhilash. The tall fair handsome boy earned the attention of almost all girls on his very first day of introduction. Even Abhilasha made a note of him, if not for his looks but for his name which was just a copy of hers except the last ‘a’ letter. In the second break there was a little improvement between the communication between the opposite sex people which started with a glance in the first break. The silence was broken, boys and girls came to their original form and in a minute of time there was a buzz of noise in the class. In the middle of buzz, Abhilasha heard someone calling her name and when she turned behind to look, the handsome hunk Abhilash was standing.

“Hai Abhilasha”.

 “Hai” (feeling embarrassed as the girls noted him speaking to her). 

“So both us have the same spell”.  

“Yeah, i have an additional ‘a’ at the end,
 ya i see that.” “So tell me about yourself”. 

“I already gave three introductions”.

“But you din explain much about your family in detail like what’s your father doing and mom”? “Now why on earth do you want to know about my family, are you going to marry me or what”? , and in a minute there was complete silence as the students were staring on the two.

“Holy crap, this girl is sick; I just enquired lady, why you getting so disturbed, I just asked you out of my curiosity, sorry to bother you”.


         “How could you be so mean to him?” asked Dhanya.

“He was irritating me”.

“How could asking about your family irritate you?”

“I know it might not be irritating you guys, but it irritates me a lot, I don’t like to speak about my family and what on earth is he going to do anyways knowing about my family.”

“Girl you are too complicated” said Poorna in disappointment.

“Yeah I know that”.

“Had I been in your place I would have even given a photocopy of my bio data to him, after all who would miss a chance to talk to such a handsome guy”.

“Why can’t these girls think of anything else in this world other than boys?” Abhilasha thought

The whole evening she thought about her conversation with Abhilash.

“May be I was too hard over him?” “But why does he want to know about my family”

“May be that’s how the boys are” learning in a women’s school Abhilasha knew the least about boys. Being the lonely child of her parents and one among the 7 other girls in their family, she had rarely talked to a male in her life other than her father.

The next day she went straight to the class not looking for any senior as the path was now well known to her. She saw Abhilash sitting in front seat among the boys and a few others occupying the last.

College is the only place where students come early to occupy the last seat, but Abhilash wasn't among the kind of last benches, even Abhilasha occupied her third last seat, the girls occupied their middle seat because you never know from where the teachers will start asking questions in either ways the middle seat was always safe.

The second day went without much introduction. As the first break bell rang the boys came out of their seat and formed the usual girl boy’s gang at the side of their seat. Abhilash was sitting alone in his seat and so was Abhilasha. Abhilasha can’t let herself without looking over him, every time she had a look, she felt she should say sorry to him but she never let her emotions overcome her egotistic character. Not a word she said to him and the day went just like that.



© 2014 Avanthika


Author's Note

Avanthika
did you like Abhilasha?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ummm.............if possible try rewriting this one.............the content is good.........but i am sorry and plz don't mind............the writing put me off.
take a second opinion on this one............it might be bcoz i m having a bad day.
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014
Tags: classes, boys, girls, classrooms, fights, talks


Author

Avanthika
Avanthika

Canada



About
I'm a 19 year old classics student (study of Ancient Greece & Rome + Latin & Ancient Greek), and I like to read and write in my spare time. more..

Writing
chapter-2 chapter-2

A Chapter by Avanthika


Chapter-4 Chapter-4

A Chapter by Avanthika