Phoebus Apollo

Phoebus Apollo

A Chapter by AFX787359
"

The chapter for Apollo, god of light, truth, prophecy, archery, medicine, etc.

"

Phoebus Apollo

Oh Phoebus! From your golden throne on many-ridged Olympus, only truth and light leave from your lips. We pay great respect to you on sun, born from the loins of Zeus Cloudgatherer and the womb of Leto along with your sister of same time: Silver-Crowned Artemis. Wreathed in laurels you shoot from your golden bow among mortals. At merely few months age you slayed Might Python, sent from the depths of Tartarus by Hera, the Queen. Many a day and night did you fight! oh great one �" utterer of truth! Delphi: your favorite city for which you are patron, you reveal amongst mortals the will of those who have golden ichor for blood and the spinners. You fell in love with swift-footed Daphne, whose beauty was unsurpassed save for Aphrodite Pandemos. Alas! The sisters of Fate said No. Turning her into a tree: the laurel, which later became your sign. On Olympus, the favorite pastime of the gods is to listen to your lyre, where you produce music that we men can only dream of one day hearing with our utterly unworthy ears. Your gracefully fleeting fingers strumming the instrument and ushering in bliss to many-ridged Olympus. Patron of the arts, mathematics, poetry, music, truth, light, prophecy, medicine, and archery art thou! I beseech thee O Phoebus! Impart to me the secrets of Calculus and Trigonometry oh great one!



© 2010 AFX787359


Author's Note

AFX787359
Purposely written in an awkward language. Any review left will be given my ultimate gratitude. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
Added on April 20, 2010
Last Updated on April 20, 2010


Author

AFX787359
AFX787359

Monroeville, PA



About
Hey, I'm a sarcastic person who has a bad and unusual sense of humor. I love reading and writing, two of my favorite hobbies. more..

Writing
Soft Singers Soft Singers

A Story by AFX787359