The last journal entry for Bilbo Baggins

The last journal entry for Bilbo Baggins

A Story by Avelina

This burden is too much to bear.   
I am old now, that of over one hundred eleventy.  My nearest kin, Frodo, I have raised as my own.  It is time to relinquish that of which has brought me great entitlement and dejection. 
The  journey for good and evil has made its mark on my heart and it is soon time to let go. 
In my quests I have gathered strange effects but none as tender as a ring. A precious ring concealed and unperceived to all but me and a peculiar creature, Gollum.   
Alas, no more.  
Frodo must make this terrible endeavor to Mount Doom and destroy it before it destroys himself and all of everything good and pure in this world. 
I weep.
Oh how I weep as I pass this treacherousness onto him.  
He is a sweet lad.   He must fight, this ring dims sight and sharpens other senses.  The grip of it is maddening. 
When I was younger my times of adventure had come. My mind suffused of darkness, the mere thought of assuagement beckoned me. I envisioned often that the Shires rolling hills were as awake as I was. 
When I was without them. 
I longed to feel the green flesh of my earth and breathe in the lush, mirth of being. An adventure unbeknownst to me of foretime. Embarking was problematic as I have lived in routine of my accord.  
Elementary, as hobbits do. 
Yet, I stood- willing to my company and they of I, Even after a many foes’ girths and detriment. A younger hobbit on his way/ to help proclaim and reclaim/ that of which the mighty dwarves had taken. 
The lonely Mountain. 
Tales of fires deep and deaths despair.  
Smaug.  
Fierce.  
Stalwart.  
Vigorous.   
The heart of the mountain is beating fairly once more. The last line of Durin need only to prevail and I must burglar that of which beats. 
The Arkenstone.
The consummation remains peril, it has not ended.  Yet. Now I forward on with good company, doing what is right.  
Passing the torch to Frodo, dear son...  I am sorry. Conscientious in my way but dreaming of my home. 
Lang syne return to me. 
But I do not live in those days or memories anymore. 
Frodo and Sam have back arrived at Rivendell with Gandalf victorious.   I fear Frodo has become offbeat. 
I will bestow Frodo my manuscripts and Sam a small sack of gold.   It is the least I can do for their valor. 
Oh to of taken this pain and inquisition from Frodo, he has bore this misfortune without ease.  I am guilt ridden. 
Frodo and I will accompany Gandalf, Elrond, Galadriel to the Grey Havens, there to take ship for Tol Eressëa across the sea, on 29 September, T.A. 3021. 
No more will I panic or anguish over this ordeal.  The deed has been done. This is the time for me to enjoy the life I have left, with my family and friends. 

© 2015 Avelina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015
Tags: lotr, hobbit, Bilbo, frodo, lord of the ring, the two towers, fantasy

Author

Avelina
Avelina

About
I love poetry. I am a children's book author. In life I am discovering the pain, joy, love and intense emotions words harbor. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my thoughts and emotions :). more..

Writing