The Fate of Eve

The Fate of Eve

A Poem by Vesa Lee

Brittle locks whip limply in the wind. The tower has crumbed but it's too late.

Ravens pluck at her bloodless flesh.

Where is her lover?

He's forgotten to rescue her...

 

Broken form lies torn apart on the roadside. All in vain for her father has died.

Wolves feed on the horse as the final petal drops.

Where is her prince?

He's forgotten to save her...

 

Waves beat mercilessly against the shriveled body. A wide empty hole where the heart had been.

Crabs dig deeper, burying the evidence in the sand.

Where is her knight?

He's forgotten to love her...

 

Stiff, cold, dusty and finally dead. A thousand loveless years have stopped her heart.

Spiders do their best to mask the horror of the corpse.

Where is her savior?

He's forgotten to kiss her...

 

Pearlized fingers curled around a rotten apple. The lovely and empty lie believed.

Rats sip the sticky juice that drips from her lips.

Where is her hero?

He's forgotten to warn her...

 

 

...This is the fate of Eve...

 

 

 

© 2012 Vesa Lee


Author's Note

Vesa Lee
The challenge was to take a Fairytale and rewrite the ending where it is anything but happy.
My own interpretation of what the fate of a few heroines of fairy-lore might have been had their princes and lovers been less than heroic.


*For long over due clarification, Eve's fate is abandonment in a time of need, not the acceptance of her being a figment of fairy tales.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! Wow! Wow! and another Wow! Heck, I'll even spell it backwards for you...Wow! This is totally awesome. Such imagery, angst, and darkness. Brilliantly done. I think you might like my piece "Blood of the Scarecrow" or perhaps "Lilith Discarded: The Aftermath". You have a great talent. This is going in my favorites.

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A sad and powerful tale in this poem. I like how you told the story in the poem. Photo gave life to the words. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow - this is awesome writing. I didn't quite grasp it the first time through, but after reading your note I loved it even more. Nice work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

holy s**t that was f*****g amazing.
i loved it.
majorly.
enter it in something, get it published. for real.
simply amazing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The brothers Grim not grim enough for you? I enjoyed this poem to my core and I think this poem really shows how much you can rely on heroes in the modern day. It's certainly taught me a little bit of independance

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

man oh man - this is absolutely fantastic!
YOU ARE A CREATIVE ANOMALY IN THIS WORLD.
YOU OBVIOUSLY LOVE WORDS AND WORDS CERTAINLY LOVE YOU.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR BOLD DARING PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF TO LIGHT UP OUR MARQUEE AT: thepoeticminds.com (poetry, literature and dreams)
I HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON -

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is a really lovely poem! i really enjoyed the words you used and how you used them, as well as the twist of several different faery tales combined in one poem. i spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out which one was supposed to be whom. this is really excellent!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome.
Nice use of repetition.
I really like your imagination! :)

youtube.com/kneecaplollipop
myspace.com/jenmarks

♥Jen Marks

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this was awesome. i love when people put a twist on fariytale stuff it makes it very interesting...

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Congratulations for winning the loveless-fairytale contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

'Spiders do their best to mask the horror of the corpse' - what a great line! I really liked this piece. I'm not a poetry kind of guy but I enjoyed this. It had a sort of decayed, wasteland kind of feel to it where clearly everything is lost and there is no hope for anything. I enjoyed especially the outlook that heroes are sometimes less than heroic or are simply unable to complete what valuable quest they have been assigned. This is true of a lot of things, nothing is black or white anymore, not even fairy tale.

And kudos for posting Adam & Eve as a fairytale!! Hopefully in a couple of thousand years people will be worshipping my novel as an account of what has passed (what a crock!)

Thanks for posting this, an interesting and absorbing piece.
Cheers!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1228 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 27, 2009
Last Updated on September 3, 2012

Author

Vesa Lee
Vesa Lee

About
I am a person. I am enthralled with reading/writing poetry and stories, as well as collecting quotes. I am captivated by beauty. I study it any chance I get. I want desperately to be loved by my S.. more..

Writing
armour-clad armour-clad

A Poem by Vesa Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet


Impact Impact

A Poem by TamiViolet