Jamie's Death

Jamie's Death

A Story by AxoJam214
"

A story revealing the death of an original character within her lore, but from her wife's perspective.

"
Prompt
Opening Line: My world was lit on fire.
Closing Line: Now I understand why they lit the match. 



'My world was lit on fire. How could this happen? She's.. she's the love of my life. How could they do this to us!? Setting fire to my tavern. To our tavern. How could they kill her?'

Those thoughts were racing through Mayhem's mind as she screamed and cried, watching the tavern burn down. While being held back and chained up by the cult that worships her. That worships the End God. Mayhem knew that Jamie was trapped. She was trapped inside the tavern, unable to get out. She would die in there. 

"Let me go! Please let me go, I have to save her! Please let me save her, I'm begging you!!" Mayhem screamed and begged, but to no avail. They wouldn't let her go, no matter what. They wouldn't let her save Jamie. "She'll die in there!!" Mayhem screaming that seemed to make the cult members smile. They.. they wanted Jamie to die. Why? How could they let an innocent woman die in a fire like that? 

All night Mayhem was chained to a tree, just watching the tavern she and Jamie worked so hard to build be burnt down to nothing. By daybreak, the tavern was gone. The ground where the tavern stood was covered in ash. Then and only then did they unchain Mayhem and let her free. 

Mayhem ran to where the tavern stood, desperate to find anything left that she could save. Anything. But.. she knew that it was being desperate. She wouldn't find anything. Nonetheless, she searched. She searched, thoughts still racing through her mind. 

As Mayhem looked through the ashes, she started finding bones. So many bones. With more of a clear head she stood back and saw that the bones that laid there, beneath where the tavern had stood, we're the bones of the End God. They were needed by the cult to revive the End God. 

After Mayhem killed the End God, she had tasked Jamie go discard of the bones. Do anything she could to get rid of them. Never did she think that Jamie would put the bones in the foundation of the Tavern. The cult must have known what she did. They wanted to get the bones and murder the one they believed to have killed their god. 

One last thought went through Mayhem's mind as she stood back, looking at the bones. 'Now I understand why they lit the match.'

© 2023 AxoJam214


Author's Note

AxoJam214
What do you think of the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on January 27, 2023
Last Updated on January 27, 2023
Tags: death, oc, original character, fire, arson, cult