segregation drop

segregation drop

A Poem by Aya

It's known in black and white,
When segregation word came to life,
But it had existed in different forms,
In all countries not for only the color type.

Men stepped on women in many ways,
They had no rights to be said.
Now is that different from what i started by to say?
segregation was never absent since our very first day.

Segregation is a mistake.
When no one understand what they are up against,
At least have the courage it takes,
to know who is that you are fighting and why.
Think of the anger you are piling up inside them,
One day they will all rise.
without warnings and in front of your eyes.
They won't lay down for anyone anymore.
They have dug their way out, there will be no return.

But nothing really wipes away,
There will be some prejudices' remains.
forever it will stay where ever you are gone,
segregation won't fade until we think as one.

© 2013 Aya


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Aya it is always with trepidation that i tackle such issues Not knowing your circumstances but I shall take a stab at this .For me women are the most downtrodden of the world. Set upon by men who care little about anything but their own prejudices and powers.It would seem they assume that a marriage license is also a owners manual to do to their wives as they see fit. It is a sad testament to the other half of society that they would be made to endure simply because we are stronger physically.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aya

11 Years Ago

Sure i agree



Reviews

This is prescient to me (you wrote this 5+ years ago). BLM has become hypocritical in precisely the way you speak of. Not because they were/are wrong but because they tried to think up a patently separate solution. It is painfully clear we are all in this together; and equally frustrating is our inability to find a common ground en masse. The human race is not as enlightened as we pretend it is. I like your style... makes me think about things I'd prefer not to.

Posted 6 Years Ago


powerful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aya

11 Years Ago

thanks
Very true, excellent poem! ^_^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aya

11 Years Ago

Thanks alot :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
~ being an indian girl, i've experienced a lot of oppression... and i've dealt with it as well as i could... on this site, just yesterday, i faced terrible racism... i dealt with that too as well as i could... ~ you speak of very real issues in this powerful piece of poetry... i share your dream for a world where "we think as one"... i truly hope that i see that world before i die... i want society to be free of prejudice too...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aya

11 Years Ago

thank you so much for sharing too and i'm happy to convey and to tell of the racism felt by a wide r.. read more
.

11 Years Ago

~ you're very welcome... it's the responsibility of a poet to be the voice of people and you do that.. read more
other tell its a free world while it never is for me. Freedom takes hard task to achieved its just the same in segration. I hate that its like your freedom is gone. though i value my freedom from my parent but the freedom of the wishes of the government place upon us is too much to take at times. Great work Aya.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aya

11 Years Ago

thank you :)
captain

11 Years Ago

Welcome =}
I love pieces that challenge the walls ! Bravo Aya for taking this on & being a voice !

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aya

11 Years Ago

Thanks alot
Renée

11 Years Ago

My Pleasure
Wow so amazing this is such a powerful poem with an important message

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aya

11 Years Ago

Thank you
Ahmad Cox

11 Years Ago

There is a lot of truth in your words
Aya it is always with trepidation that i tackle such issues Not knowing your circumstances but I shall take a stab at this .For me women are the most downtrodden of the world. Set upon by men who care little about anything but their own prejudices and powers.It would seem they assume that a marriage license is also a owners manual to do to their wives as they see fit. It is a sad testament to the other half of society that they would be made to endure simply because we are stronger physically.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aya

11 Years Ago

Sure i agree
Powerful write indeed segregation of the races religions the sexes , all of it keeps the other so to speak at bay. It leads to inequality and and domination.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great work, dealt with a sensitive topic beautifully :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aya

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on January 9, 2013

Author

Aya
Aya

cairo, Egypt



About
more..

Writing
The end of me The end of me

A Poem by Aya


Doubting Reality Doubting Reality

A Poem by Aya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I'm Selfish I'm Selfish

A Poem by J. Write


Bigot Bigot

A Poem by Muse