Gratitude

Gratitude

A Poem by Dr Ayaz chandio
"

i have expressed the gratitude symbolically here,yes life is full of symbols,and all the symbols tell us how to live it.

"
learn from birds, the beauty of life.
they fly high up in the sky,
but they don't forget about
the trees down on the earth,
where they finally return to rest.

when you achieve the heights in your life
love them like birds.
likewise if you ever fall downwards,
fall like the drops of rain,
which fall bringing with them,
the hope of prosperity.

© 2012 Dr Ayaz chandio


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful and positive words in this poem. Your words remind me of the Native American belief in the combination of nature and human happiness. Need both to create a good place to live. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

TO ALL FRIENDS.
hi,thanks for your appreciation.i really don't know since when my writings have been including these commos,and exclamation marks,not just as part of writing skils but more as unexpressed feelings. thses are not just unnecessary marks these are feeling which can not be expressed words.wish i could tell you how deeply lost i feel in between those commos of my writings,it is an artistic stage of writing..i have be taken by it without knowing,many of friends ask,but honestly speaking ,to me these are my unspoken feelings . so all of you when go through my writing,kindly focus on the message of content and feelings instilled it words.


Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Very nce poem, it really does teach us gratitude. The symbolism was wonderful! Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful symbolism. I like the way you used birds, and how you expressed how both the highs and the lows can be good. One thing that I found disconcerting though was the exclamation marks at the end. They made it childish and insignificant almost, when the poem really deserves more. That is just how I saw it though.
But still the rest was quite beautiful, and it had a wonderful meaning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wise words indeed. Reminds me of one of those cool inspiraiton cards. Thanks for letting me know!

Posted 12 Years Ago


So true. I like the analogy of falling like raindrops. Just as birds need the trees, we need the rain for it brings to life the wondrous colours of our world. Lovely poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed this. I love your comparison... that's not the right word is it? anyway, to the bird and the human. Very well done. I do find the punctuation in some parts to be distracting, taking away from the actually poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true...heights must not forget about depths...otherwise there is no comparison on which to base hope...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
I really liked the similes and analogy in this poem between a person and a bird. The progression also was nice, and I enjoyed reading it! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love the image and comparison! beautiful expressions. i do think that the meter is a bit choppy and though.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1617 Views
58 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 3, 2012

Author

Dr Ayaz chandio
Dr Ayaz chandio

Karachi,Sindh.



About
"I am the meaning of your silence,and you are the beauty of my words"(aZ) i love art,literature and nature in all its aspects.. and i have been writing ,since i have been touched by love.I usually .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


LONG DISTANCE LONG DISTANCE

A Poem by afra


IMPERFECTION IMPERFECTION

A Poem by afra