Kerala Diaries.

Kerala Diaries.

A Story by Ayeshaa

"Like songs, life takes you to places." After all, that day had eventually come. As being enthusiast wanderlust, we were eager to discover the southern part of India where there is the amalgam of rich cultures, heritage, unique cuisine and exotic places. The quest to explore new places thrilled us. The voyage in train was wearisome. Though there is a saying that goes like this 'it is not the destination that counts but it is the journey that matters the most' yet reaching our destination was our foremost priority. The sweltering heat was pricking our nerves. The sun was at its peak. The heat was immense. It pervaded the coach. The hot air travelled in all the corners of the train. We sensed beads of sweat rolling down our backbone. The train was going fast on the rails. It was crawling like a serpent on the railway tracks. The whistling and puffing of the engines were audible. As the train was going on a fast pace on the far stretched railway tracks, the clacking of chains were more louder. We had to bear this cacophony throughout the journey. I sat near the small window sill so that i could see and admire the scenic views that came on the way. I could feel the hot breeze touching my face. My loose hair was flowing in the wind. The journey seemed unending. I glanced through the window. Gradually, many places, many states, many cities and many villages were left behind. It was as if the train was in full zeal to reach and ferry its passengers to their destination. We were about to reach. The land was different. The landscape that we encountered enthralled us. It was unlike the hustling, bustling, buzzing and noisy Delhi. There was neither the maddening crowd nor the never ending rush. Serenity and calmness rested there. The sky was blue. The skyline was radiant with thick white clouds floating lightly. The weather had become pleasant. Mild rays of sun were peeping inside the train through the window. The greenery, the meadow fields, the green pastures, the backwaters, the swathe and the aligned long coconut trees which stood majestically were a sheer delight to behold. The atmosphere and a different altogether landscape were merged to the dusty dazzling perfections. The backwaters were one of the main attractions. The rustic, pastoral and mundane life reigned. Nature in all its idyllic and warm colours bloomed. Maybe that is the reason why it is called God's own country. It indeed, does justice to its name. Geographical barriers were transcended. The long journey proved fruitful. India does not reside only in slums but beyond that frontier, lies a world whereby tranquility pervades and the beautiful shades of life are radiant. Your heart will definitely dance joyfully to the rhythmic beat of this wonderful side. The changing colours of nature shall never cease to amaze you. What are you waiting? C'mon...

© 2017 Ayeshaa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on January 11, 2017
Last Updated on January 11, 2017
Tags: Kerala, train journey

Author

Ayeshaa
Ayeshaa

flacq, Mare la Chaux, Mauritius



About
Best stories come from the faces around us. more..

Writing