Pregnancy

Pregnancy

A Chapter by Aynsley

I couldn't believe it. I was pregnant. But how? I don't ever recall doing anything more then kissing with Hamish. I was so confused.

I headed down to the nearest drug store to get a pregnancy test. I grabbed the closest one and went to the counter.

"How much is this?" I asked, trying to avoid eye contact with the lady standing there.

"Uh, that'll be $18.. thanks." She said, looking me up and down. What was with her seriously?  I sighed, and payed for the test, and went straight home.

I took the test from the box, and followed the instructions, and then left it on the bench for ten minutes.

While I waited, I went down stairs to get a glass of water. That's when I saw Hamish.

"What are you doing here?" I fake smiled.

"Just dropping by to see my baby." He laughed. Baby? What? No.. there's no-

"Oh, obviously." I said

"How are you?" He asked.

"Great." I lied.

"I hear you came home from school early today..."

"Yeah! I was tired, I needed some rest."

"Okay." He smiled.

"Do you want a drink?" I gestured towards the fridge.

"Sure."  I got him out a can of beer, since it was his favourite.

"Thanks babe." He chuckled, popping the cap, and taking a swig.

"Yup." I sighed, looking down at my feet. Should I tell him? I'm not sure...

"What's up hun?"

"Just still tired..." I lied again. "I'm gonna go get some sleep." I said, starting for the stairs.

"Wait." Hamish said, grabbing me by the wrist. "You forgot something." He smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek.
"Thanks." I whispered, dragging myself up the stairs, once out of sight, I ran to the counter with the test. There on it.. was positive.

"Crap." I said to myself. I grabbed the test, and threw it into the bin.

I heard footsteps coming upstairs.. oh no I thought. I jumped on the bed, and hid myself under the covers.

"Ohh, you must be tired." A voice said, it was Hamish.

"Yeah.." I muttered, short of breath.

"Can I come in?" He said, trying to flatter me.

"Um.." I answered back. "Why not?" Hamish got in the other side, and snuggled close to me.

"Um... so...-" I started

"Wanna go some place tomorrow?" He asked.

"No thanks." I replied. I pulled the covers down a bit, so I could peek a look at him.

"I'm not really in the mood." I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Uh okay..." Things got very awkward between me and Hamish, every week he would vanish without telling me where he went. And he'd only leave a note to appologise.

Weeks later, when I finally couldn't cope, I had to ask him, where he was going.

"Hamish, ... where do you go all the time? I mean... you just go without telling me." I said.

"I can't tell you." He said.

"Please? Hamish... I'm starting to think-"

"What?"

"That you might be seeing other girls!" I blurted out.

"Ofcourse not." He denied.

"Then where are you always going?" I questioned.

"If I told you, you may get hurt." He sighed.

"Just tell me!"

"I can't! Alright!"

"Then just leave me alone Hamish! I don't want to see you ever again!" I cried.

"Eva...-"

"Just go!"

The next day, dragged on and on, I felt miserable, I felt sick. I had to excuse myself from classes because I had to spew.. I defently wasn't feeling well at all.

When it was break time I went to sit with Erik.

"Hey." He smiled, greeting me with a hug.

"Hi..." I replied, sitting down next to him.

"Woah girl..."

"What Erik?"

"You've defently been putting on some pounds..." At that moment, I looked down to see my stomach, it was bigger... it was noticable.

"Yeah, I guess so." I muttered, angry.

"What's up hun?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant." I sniffled, looking down at my stomach again.

"Oh dear! Really?! Have you told Hamish?"

"No!" I squeeked.

"You probaly should..-"

"We are taking some time off from each other..." I sighed, almost crying.

"Oh my gosh, noooo! Did you guys like break up?"

"I don't think so." I sighed quietly, feeling vomet coming again.

"Excuse me." I said, grabbing the nearest trash can, and spewing up.

"Oh dear."

 

 

 



© 2010 Aynsley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hehe, this is starting to get very interesting
there's just a bit too much dialogue...so space it out


Posted 13 Years Ago


Yuk! I hate vomet. She must feel so terrible at this point in time.
Hopefully she will get better. I don't like seeing her in this state. I love it when she's happy and loving! Great details though. Good work, moving on,

Posted 13 Years Ago


:( i dont like this chapter!! noooo not at all
you make me cryy *wahhh*

Posted 13 Years Ago


:(
Did they break upp? Plzz noo!
I love Hamish
i mean..;) haha

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, there were so many things happening in this chapter. This was your longest chapter yet but I do need to point out some quirks. This chapter was very fast paced and there was a ton of dialogue. Sometimes it isn't best to cram a chapter full of dialogue, especially a long one. Then you lose your reader in a mess of talking with now emotional descriptions or reactions from your characters. Your chapter has some really good dialogue but you do need to work on description and detail. Also, be sure your not skipping to far ahead of the story. That can leave the reader dazed with all the events taking place. The reader has to have time to take in the events from one major deal. You told us she was pregnant, thought Hamish was cheating on her, and he left her and she went to school, all in the same chapter. These are pretty big key points in your book so you may want to slow down and take time to elaborate on them. Over all, you did have a good write, just a couple things to elaborate on. Still love this book! Let me know when there is more dood!

Hope I could help!

XWayOathX

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2010
Last Updated on June 27, 2010


Author

Aynsley
Aynsley

Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore, Australia



About
Hello my name is Aynsley, but you can call me Amy. I love to review other peoples' writing, so send me a message requesting a review, and wala! I'm quite a shy person. And I guess I always will.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1. Chapter 1.

A Chapter by Aynsley


Chapter 2. Chapter 2.

A Chapter by Aynsley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Experiment Experiment

A Chapter by Aynsley


Secrets Secrets

A Chapter by Aynsley


Holidays Holidays

A Chapter by Aynsley


Alone Alone

A Chapter by Aynsley


Lea or Hamish? Lea or Hamish?

A Chapter by Aynsley