Heartbeat

Heartbeat

A Chapter by Aynsley

I couldn't believe Aloid was dead. I just couldn't believe it. I went back to my room where the people still stood.

 

"What happens now?" I asked, sad, and scared. They shook their head.

"You have to come with us to the hospital, you will need to go into surgery to remove it." One of them cringed.

 

"Don't call Aloid an it." I shouted, pulling my hair. What was with these people? Do they even have feelings?

 

"Fine, what ever." I said, following them to the van. 

When we arrived to the hospital the girl made me sit in a wheel-chair "Um, I can walk properly." I mentioned.

 

"We know, just stop talking." She warned, looking at me.

"What?" I asked ...

 

In the operation room, I lied down on one of the benches, while one of the nurses gave me sleeping gas that made me fall into a deep sleep quite quickly.

 

When I awoke my vision was blury, and I could just make out Hamish standing above me, looking down.

 

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry." He cried, holding onto my hand. "How are you? Are you okay?" He questioned, looking into my eyes.

 

I still couldn't properly see but I could enough to know that his face was extremely sad. "I'm okay." I lied, reaching out for the glass of water next to me.

 

"Are you thirsty?" He asked, handing me the cup.

"Very." I sighed, taking a gulp of the coldish water. I was still very upset about what happened, and I didn't really feel like talking about Aloid, or if I was okay; with anyone.

 

"I'm tired." I lied again, closing my eyes, hiding the world from myself.

"Okay hun." He said, forcing a smile, then kissing my forehead. I layed awake, faking to sleep for what seemed like hours, just resting in the peace, wishing for death.

 

I finally realised that I'd never be able to die, never be able to move on from this world, never be able to see my parents when they die, never be able to see Lea, never be able to see my grandparents that are long gone.

 

A tear escaped my eye, followed by sniffling. I opened my eyes to find myself alone, Hamish was gone, and so was everyone else.

 

 

 



© 2010 Aynsley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Extremely sucky that someone in her position would EVER wake up alone! This was a good chapter. We don't get the prescence of Hamish until after the operation, which I think is a good thing thus far. Now we see that the main character is going to avoid the feelings but can't because of her immortality. That is a great way to bring such a subject back into the story. Some of these parts could be ellaborated on, but other than that, great chapter. Thanks for sumbiting it, I had a couple more submissions after my update email so I think I will put them in tomorrow's email or send another out late tonight. You would probably gain more reviews posting just a chapter at a time instead of the whole book.

Love it

Posted 13 Years Ago


a sad chapter yet again
the paragraphs were a bit small though...
i can feel the emotion you were expressing here
just thought maybe needed a bit more detail, even though you wrote some

good job on this chapter
will be reading the nxt chap. when you've finished it

Posted 13 Years Ago


so sad! short...needs a lot of editing... 60/100 :) great chapter

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 30, 2010


Author

Aynsley
Aynsley

Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore, Australia



About
Hello my name is Aynsley, but you can call me Amy. I love to review other peoples' writing, so send me a message requesting a review, and wala! I'm quite a shy person. And I guess I always will.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1. Chapter 1.

A Chapter by Aynsley


Chapter 2. Chapter 2.

A Chapter by Aynsley