Last day

Last day

A Chapter by Aynsley

The sun shon brightly through the windows of the big house. It was only 6am, but Amy was up and ready for the day. She had to get ready for school. 'Luckily it was the last day of school', thought Amy. 'It's going to be great!'

When the bus finally arrived an hour later, she was so hyper-active, and couldn't wait to finish the day off. Because afterwards she could chill and have a relaxful 5 week holiday. The bus was old and rusty looking, but atlest it was reliable. It never broke down in the middle of the high way; and for everyone; that was a good thing indeed.

It took a few hours to arrive at the High School, it was a bumpy and long ride, everyone hated taking a bus; but for them, it was the only option. Amy entered the High school once more and greeted her friend Luke. "Hey, how are you!?" She laughed.

"I'm great, I can't wait til the holidays, can you?"

"Ofcourse not, I have so much I want to do, it's going to be so much fun, just think about all the sleep overs, parties, and everything!" She giggled as both of them trotted down the hall way. Luckily for them both they shared English class together, so they didn't have to go their seperate ways.

"Well here's our class, um.. before we enter may I tell you one thi..."

-The Bell Rang-

"Oh sorry Luke, we have to get into class, maybe afterwards?" They both rushed into the room to find their desks.

"Now students, take out your books and turn to Page 96, we will be studying mythical creatures today." As Mr Revlick said this Luke flinched.

"Are you okay Luke?" Whispered Amy.

"Yes, fine.. just gotta head ache." He replied.

The teacher continued to yap on while the two of them whispered back and fourth. "Now, does anyone know a mythical creature that does not eat, never sleeps, and is only visible at night?" Amy thought for a moment, ofcourse. A vampire.. dosen't eat, never sleeps and can't come out in the sunlight. She raised her hand. "Yes Amy?"

"A vampire, sir?"

"Yes indeed, great job." He pointed out. " Okay, now we are going to be having a spelling test, get ready." Half an hour passed, after writing what he had asked them too, they all swoped books.

"Can anyway spell... Laughter?" Mr Revlick asked the class.

"Yes ofcourse sir." Answered Samantha. "L-A-U-G-H-T-E-R, simple!" She giggled.

"Great work, you have always been the brightest speller in the class Sam."

"Thank you."

"Now, can anyone else spell the word Swimming Pool?"

"Excuse me, but.. that is two words sir."

Mr Revlick turned around to look at Luke. "Oh yes, indeed. My mistake, well Luke, could you spell both of them then?"

" S-W-I-M-M-I-N-G P-O-O-L?"

-The Bell Rang-

"Very good. Class dismissed."

Luke hurried out to find Amy. "I really need to talk to you Amy." He said in a quiet voice.

"What about?"

"Err.. It's hard to explain, maybe after school I can show you?"

"Show me what exactly Luke?" Amy asked with worry in her eyes.

"I'm a..."



© 2010 Aynsley


Author's Note

Aynsley
If your wondering how old they are, they are thirteen haha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was good! On to more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


is this a new book? OOH! o.0 nice! you could spice it up a bit so a WELL DONE 60 from meeeee :D :D :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol, i was wondering about their age...I thought they were 11
when I was 13, we didnt do spelling tests O_O

Good use of a cliffhanger, and I agree with A.l.Black that it needs a bit more action and details. and in one line, they've done mythycal creatures, and just went to a spelling test...a bit fast paced for me...

Anywais, good job on this chapter, i'll be reading the nxt one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Add a little spice to the dialogue, perhaps a few actions of thoughts to go along with their words? A bit more details in places wouldn't hurt also, but this is a good chapter. You've got the ability to catch a readers attention, now you just need to evolve your works so that it also holds the attention.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2010
Last Updated on July 1, 2010


Author

Aynsley
Aynsley

Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore, Australia



About
Hello my name is Aynsley, but you can call me Amy. I love to review other peoples' writing, so send me a message requesting a review, and wala! I'm quite a shy person. And I guess I always will.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1. Chapter 1.

A Chapter by Aynsley


Chapter 2. Chapter 2.

A Chapter by Aynsley