One

One

A Chapter by Kaitlyn
"

Kade encounters the perils of unwilling feeding, and stalks a poor young girl! What fun!

"

I dropped down from my perch on the giant tree with ease. Stalking someone was much harder than percieved, even with senses as wonderful as a Vampire's. Sure, I'd tracked prey before, but never had I tracked just to observe. Getting caught up in the intoxicating aroma made it quite difficult to restrain myself.

When I was first created, it was frowned upon not to hunt, (rather than ask) a human for blood. Then, in the early 20th century, a moronic group of Alimentar decided to go to the newspapers, selling us out for shunning them. Luckily, their Vampires were strong believers in our secret, so they were quick to kill them as ounishment. The dirty deed was done, we were known. In order to keep the pitchforks at bay, we had to maintain one strict rule; To ask and only persue the feeding relationship with a willing Alimentar. We also had to appoint a leader, or what we now call our Dacias. To make matters worse, humans were being overcome with disease, killing them one by one. This resulted in the No Humans act, put into play by Dacias Oroles. He had done this reluctantly, for he knew the suffer would be great. Now we only had other Vampires to resort to when it came to feeding.

I sniffed the air carefully, tasting the fresh flower scent that emanated from her blood. I hadn't been folling her long, but enough to know a considerable amount of information about her. She lived with her sister, Abi, and her nephew, Connor. Her name, Rose, was assumed to stand short for something, most likely Rosalyn, or Rosemary.

Once I was finished brooding over my stalkee, I followed the pleasant smell of her blood through town and to her humble home. In order to persue her, I'd need to know aall possible whereabouts, including her own house. As far as I could tell, she spent a fair amount of her free time at the oark.

When I'd caught the scent and located her house, I headed toward my own abode.

 

 

As soon as my feet touched the hardwood floor of our house, I was bombarded with questions. All of which came from my curious little acquaintance, Leo.

"Where were you?" She asked in her annoyingly bossy tone. "Why were you gone so long?"

"Okay,'" I spoke slowly, sounding as if I were to answer. "That, I cannot tell you!" I finished happpily.

It was forbidden that we see a human in any form of an intimate reationship. Our relationship wasn't exactly intamate but anyone could twist it around to make it seem so. I wasn't going to risk it by telling anyone. Not even my most trusted companions.

"Fine," She said in mock sulkiness. "I didn't want to know that badly anyways."

"That is good," I confirmed my decision. "Now, what's wrong?" Her pittiful act as now over, her pretty face scrunched upp in anger. Her feirce green eyes hidden behind her stray hair. The fallen golden hair framed her face, making her radiant beauty apparant. She looked ferocious, but I knew that she wouldn't hurt me, even if she could.

"I feel as if you aren't telling me anything anymore," Leonine began. "We are close, and I tell you everything. Shouldn't you return the favor?"

"I will tell you soon enough." Nothing more was said before she fled the room.

As soon as she as gone, my mind wandered to more important problems. "Zandra?" I said regularly, not having to shout because of her excellent sense of hearing. "When is the next council meeting?" Why, oh why did I join the council?

"Tomorrow morning sir," She answered, sounding nothing but groggy.

"Time for you to feed." Oh, no. I hated giving blood.

  "Yes. I'll go find Leo."

"No, no," I corrected. "You may feed from me." She knew of my dislike for the situation, so her stride towards me was reluctant. "Come, and do not walk with such cowardice. Walk to me proudly, and you shall feed on my magnificant blood."

At once, her stance became proud as she stood beside me, and readied herself to sit. As soon as she was in position, I tilted my head away from her, exposing my bare neck. She craned her face towards me taking in my scent.

"I-I can't," She stammered, collecting herself. Had I have been in her position, I'd have faltered too. My blood is old, and for Vampires, the older the Vamp, the richer the blood.

"Nonsense," I forced myself to argue. "You are my child and you will drink my blood proudly. Now quit your stalling and drink from me." I pushed her face into my neck, where she could hold off no longer.

She bit. Hard.

I felt her feelings flow into me. Her moods were usually so happy and light, but with a touch of anger, waiting around the edges, for something unwelcome to occour. I felt her devotion and love towards me, her hapiness in being sated by my blood. Simply because it was mine. I returned her feeling f happiness with one of my own. We had our own father/daughter sort of connection.

Se drank, and dispite my dislike for the process, it felt good. The real reasone that Vamps did not like feeding from one another was the few moments that they were left vulnerable. When to creatures with such powerful emotions were combined, the emotions stopped all possibilities f action. Leaving them ungaurded. We did not like showing weakness, especially one caused by such a thing as 'overwhelming emotions.'

As the ant for my blood bega to take control over her actions, and I became more lightheaded, I pushed her from me. My full senses came back to me as Ipulled together my slightly dazed expression, which I had felt overcome my face. Z smiled slowly, her bloodstained teeth ridiculously similar to that of a kool-aid drinking child's. "Delicious," She whispered softly. "Thank you Kade."

"I need to feed," I stated grogily. "I think you took too much..."

She tilted her head from me in response and said, "No proble. An exchange. If you will?" I shook my head.

"No, I must take my monthly dose of medicine." I said this, bitterly aware of how repulsed I was to her. Zandra gave me a look that showed absolute sympathy. She need not had said one word.

Neither did I, before I bolted out the door, running to find tha last person on earth I wanted to se. Boy was I pissed about it.

 



© 2009 Kaitlyn


Author's Note

Kaitlyn
Ignore any spelling mistakes. I was in a rush so there may be some typos. Do you think it is all too cheesy?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First I must say I really dont read vampire stories ,but this was so good,its really a neat writing
You really have a style and know how to tell a story ..it was exciting to read..
since its only the beginning I feel there is a lot of excitement still to come..
so I will wait,hold my breath and wait for you to thrill me with greater events..
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very intriguing piece. Very well done. I can't wait to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First I must say I really dont read vampire stories ,but this was so good,its really a neat writing
You really have a style and know how to tell a story ..it was exciting to read..
since its only the beginning I feel there is a lot of excitement still to come..
so I will wait,hold my breath and wait for you to thrill me with greater events..
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 26, 2009
Last Updated on June 27, 2009


Author

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn

Winfield, MO



About
I began writing after I'd discovered some amazing books that I loved. I really got into reading and writing, and discovered that I wasn't amazing at it, but I wasn't terrible either. My writing still .. more..

Writing
Naive Naive

A Poem by Kaitlyn


[untitled] [untitled]

A Poem by Kaitlyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Autumn Oak Autumn Oak

A Poem by Nix