Downfall

Downfall

A Chapter by Azalas

I returned to work the next day only to find a couple of firetrucks there, and…My god there's an ambulance here as well. I ran towards the scene and found the fire chief. I asked him what happened.

"Oh some punk high schoolers thought it would be funny to burn down the store, when they saw that there was someone inside they ran to get some help, but it was too late, the employee already died." The fire chief told me.

"Who was the employee?" I asked not wanting to know the answer.

"A man named Jerry." The fire chief said.

Just like that, my heart sank. "Jerry?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess he came in early." The fire chief said to me.
"Yesterday was his birthday! How did you I,D, the victim? Wasn't he burned?" I asked him.
"No the rafters collapsed and fell on him." The fire chief said.
"Jesus…." Was all I could say.
"Listen don't let it get to you. Stuff like this happens all the time." The fire chief tried to reassure me but it didn't help at all, as a matter of fact it made me even more angry.
"So what your telling me is that I should just shrug it off and forget all about it?!" I asked him.

"Look I'm sorry about your loss, I truly am." The fire chief told me. "Look why don't you go home and relax?" He told me
"Yeah I'll do that, geez I really feel bad for the people that have to se you when someone they were close to becomes a burn victim." I told the fire chief, I walked to my sedan and got in starting the car driving off.



© 2014 Azalas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on April 6, 2014
Last Updated on April 6, 2014


Author

Azalas
Azalas

Writing
Tragedy Tragedy

A Chapter by Azalas


Obsession Obsession

A Chapter by Azalas