Finding Mark

Finding Mark

A Chapter by Azalas

"He's where?!" Amber asked Marks ex-boss on her cellphone.

"Big Rock, I-I don't know, the man said he needed to start a new life or something." Bill the boss said.

"Thanks." Amber said hanging up. She looked up the directions an printed them out. Her roommate Marcy walked inside the house. She was messing with her long dark hair. She was scratching at her ebony skin.

"Ambi you still looking for that Mark dude?" Marcy asked Amber.

"Yeah I just found out he moved to Big Rock." She said.

"Oh honey, he's just like other men; They become your friend, get yo' hopes up, then they outta yo' life like that." Marcy snapped her fingers.

"No…He left because of the death of his friend Jerry." Amber said.

"The one that died in the fire?" Marcy asked.

"Yep, that's the one." Amber said.

"Those damn Wilson brothers. They thought it would be funny to light my bird feeder on fire. I chased em away before they did though. If I was their mama, I would kick their fire startin' a*s and ground them for a year…Hell for life! That aint cool!" Marcy said.

"No it's not, well I'm going to Big Rock. I need to see Mark." Amber told Marcy.

"Girl, you aint going anywhere till' you take me with you! I wanna see this Mark character." Marcy said. Amber nodded.

"Sure, let me just pack my necessities." Amber said packing up her laptop and other stuff. They both went outside and got in Marcy's car driving off.

Once they arrived in Big Rock they stopped at a motel and got out walking inside.

"Welcome to big Rock Motel, 100$ a person, will you be paying with cash or credit?" The front desk employee asked.

"Oh hell no! That better include a hot-tub and a flat screen TV!" Marcy said.
"Sorry, it's the mayors rules." He said.

"What's his name? You better bring here so I can kick his tycoon-" Marcy was stopped by Amber.

"Marcy stop it, let's just pay the man, I'm tired." Amber said. They both paid him and Marcy gave the man the finger as they both walked off.
"I don't think… that…" the man stopped as they were halfway up the stairs. "Was needed mam." He continued. He called the mayor.

The mayor picked up. "What is it?" He asked.

"Mr. Truman…I meant Mr. Mirada, I think these prices are too steep." The man said.
Truman just smirked. "Do I look like I care? All I want is my money. To hell with the people of Big Rock!" Truman said hanging up.



© 2014 Azalas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on April 6, 2014
Last Updated on April 6, 2014


Author

Azalas
Azalas

Writing
Tragedy Tragedy

A Chapter by Azalas


Obsession Obsession

A Chapter by Azalas