The Smell of Nature

The Smell of Nature

A Chapter by Azalas

When we arrived back at the town Jeff dropped me off at my house. Marcy and Amber got out as well. They went to their home. I went inside my house after unlocking the door. I turned on the TV and watched the news. All the stuff on the news was just weather conditions. Nothing special.
_

Marcy and Amber arrived at their house and Marcy unlocked the door as they both went in. "Oooh it's nice and warm up in here!" Marcy said.

"Yeah..." Amber told Marcy.

"What's yo' problem girl?" Marcy asked Amber.

"I better not touch the plants. Don't want to be a murderer." Amber said.

"You still goin' on about that Adam kid?! Want me to knock some sense into him for you?" Marcy asked.

"No, no, I think you knocked enough sense into him." Amber told Marcy.

"That wasn't my full power!" Marcy said.

"No Marcy...I don't need...you to knock some sense into those boys." Amber said.

"Fine. Hey...How about we open up a flower shop? Just you and me! Sellin' pretty flowers!" Marcy asked.

"I better wear gloves when I sell them. That way the hand of death doesn't kill them." Amber said.

"Girl I'ma about to slap the hell outta you."

Amber looked at her. "Fine sorry! Geez I...Won't wear gloves." She said.

""So what do you say?" Marcy asked.

"With our money? How in the world are we going to open up a flower shop?" Amber asked her.

"Oh thats easy! I got some money!" Marcy said.

"You have money?! I was paying for everything?! And you had money?!" Amber asked stepping up to Marcy.

"Damn girl chill out! You got that look in yo' eye!" Marcy told Amber.

"You had money?!" Amber asked her again.

"Yeah! So what? I was savin' up!" Marcy said. "Damn it look like you about to kill somebody!" She said again.

Amber backed up. "Fine! We'll open up this shop but I get half!" Amber said.

"Half?! What the hell I get? Cookies? I get paid in double chocolate chip cookies?!" Marcy asked.

"You get half. I get half! Amber told Marcy.

"Say what?! I get half a cookie now?!" Marcy asked.

"No! Money! Not cookies! Money!" Amber said.

"Oh...Okay then! Then it's settled! Let's go to that vacant building in the town square." Marcy told Amber they both nodded going out, they got in their car and drove off.

"I love this town! It be so nice! I mean look at the people here!" Marcy said as she took a left towards the town square.

"Yeah...It's alot better than L.A." Amber said.

"Ain't that the truth." Marcy told her as she stopped at the town square and parked her car in parking spot. "Okay so there it is! Let's go in!" Marcy said.

They both went inside the vacant building and the owner was there cleaning up there. "Ah hello!" He said. "You guys here to rent this building? If so then your in luck because you won't find any other building for rent! It's only. 625 dollars." The man said.

"Why so cheap?" Amber asked.

"I'm wanting to retire. I don't give a rats a*s about the mayor. It's my decision. So you guys got the money?" He asked.

"Right here!" Marcy said paying the man the 625 dollars.

"Thank you! You'll have to buy the signs, paint, materials, hire workers, all that complex stuff. That my friends won't be cheap." He said.

"Oh we got this!" Marcy said as the man nodded and left. "Ooooooh we got ourselves a building! Let's go buy the stuff Amber!" Marcy said.

"Okay..." Amber told her.

A few hours later...


Amber and Marcy had set up the shop and Amber put some flowers up for display and Marcy looked at Amber. 

"See? I told you! You ain't killin' no flowers girl!" Marcy said.

Amber looked over at Marcy. "Yeah, I guess your right. Hey look a customer!" 

Marcy got up from the chair and opened the door. "Welcome to Marcy and Ambers Flower Shop! How may I help you?"

The man looked at the little Azalea plant. "I want that one." 

Marcy nodded. She handed the man the plant and he just scoffed. 

"You call this a plant? I like plants with decoration! Not plain! Please fix it?" The man said.


Marcy took the plant from him. "Oh yeah, I'll fix it alright." She mumbled something under he breath. "You bet yo' a*s I will." She walked away into the back room.

Amber ran in and looked at Marcy. "The customers always right! Right Marcy?" 

Marcy looked at her. She was strangling the plant. "Oh yeah! They always right!" Water was splashing everywhere and Amber sighed.

"Marcy stop it."

"Fine Ambi! I'll decorate it all nice n pretty! Lil' miss sunshine can be all happy!" Marcy decorated the plant and handed it back to the man.

"Thanks, what took you so long?" 

Marcy just looked at the man. "Boy! Is it any of yo' damn business?" 

Amber punched Marcy in the shoulder. "She meant we're sorry for taking so long! Right Marcy?" 

Marcy stared at Amber. "Yeah, sure. Sorry bout' the delay. Enjoy yo' flowers and don't forget to stop by again for birthday, wedding, or any other themed flower gifts. We also sell fruit baskets and pots and baskets. Please enjoy yo' day." Marcy shut the door as the man left. "Dumbass." She said walking off. 

Amber followed Marcy. Once they were done with work Marcy and Amber both went home. Amber unlocked the door and went inside the house. The phone rang. 

Marcy answered the phone. "Hello?" 

"Press 1 to hear the message." The robotic voice from the phone said.

Marcy looked at the phone. "What the hell?" She pressed 1.

"Hey..." The robotic voice said.

"So someone calls the damn phone only just to text the damn landline?!" Marcy asked. She pressed 1 again to reply. "Hey, how are you?" 

In just a few minutes the phone rang and Marcy answered it again. She pressed 1.

"Good." 

Marcy hung up the phone. "Uh uh, I aint doing that. Even though I lost my cellphone at the camp that whole texting the landline thing too much fo' me. Uh uh."

Amber nodded. "At least we sold some flowers and hey oh look! Marcy didn't beat up a
customer! Well except one!"

Marcy glared at Amber. "Hey! That was self defense! That lady threw the flowas' at my face and I had every right to defend my self!" 

Amber chuckled.  "Oh what were the flowers going to do? Make you smell pretty?" 

"It scared me! That woman is crazy!" Marcy said.

The phone rang again.

Marcy picked it up again and angrily pressed 1.

"I didn't get your message."

Marcy growled and pressed 1. "BOY! YOU AIN'T GETTIN' NO DAMN MESSAGE! CALL ME REGULARLY! NOT BY TEXT TO LANDLINE!" Marcy hung up the phone and got up. "I am going to bed! I swear if I hear that phone ring one more time I will-"

The phone rang again and Marcy picked it up and threw it down on the ground stomping on it.

Amber looked shocked at Marcy. "Marcy!"


Marcy stopped stomping on the broken house phone. "What?! You got a cellphone! We don't need no house phones! I rather pay 50 bucks a damn month than pay 100 for a house phone service!" She swept up the broken pieces and went to bed.


© 2015 Azalas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on August 31, 2015
Last Updated on August 31, 2015


Author

Azalas
Azalas

Writing
Tragedy Tragedy

A Chapter by Azalas


Obsession Obsession

A Chapter by Azalas





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5