A brave new world

A brave new world

A Story by MAI
"

A short satire story inspired by the thought of a situation where the old people live in the moment but the younger generation is lost on the internet.

"
A future where technology has been so advanced that it enabled mankind to live their lives in the virtual world. However, the traditionalist opposes this idea and choose to stay their normal lives in the real world. 

As more and more people choose to live their lives in the virtual world, there comes a shortage of human population who are not living in the virtual world. Now the traditional people take decision to bring back those who live in virtual world. 

But there is one problem. People can't be taken out of virtual world by force or else they will become suicidal because now they don't have the lives they had in their virtual world. So, the traditionalist make a small group of people who will go into the virtual world themselves and try to convince people living there to snap back to reality. 

Those small group of people are now acting as a messengers. These messengers will have to face the wrath of their desire as the virtual world seems to provide everything they could desire. Messengers will have to keep their faith strong or else they might choose to stay there which will be bad for their cause. 

They must convince those people to come back to reality in order to save human race from terrible loss of time and it's consequences. 

A person in virtual world will not die in real life if it's virtual part is dead, they will respawn immediately then and there, but if the real part of them is killed or dies due to any reasons, then it's over for them in both part. 

© 2021 MAI


Author's Note

MAI
If there are any grammatical mistakes, then please let me know. This work is an introduction to the story and therefore further chapters and plot will come in near future. You can expand the story if you want to but then, please mention me as the original writer in the credits. I am an engineering student who is trying a new field to share my creativity.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on July 15, 2021
Last Updated on July 15, 2021
Tags: satire, dystopia, future, virtual reality, humanity

Author

MAI
MAI

Ranchi, Jharkhand, India



About
Hi! My name is Mohammad Azam Irshad. I am trying new things on the internet. more..

Writing