Childhood Memories

Childhood Memories

A Story by Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe

I think one of the best parts of my childhood was going to the North Dakota school for the blind, and meeting lots of people! Some I've lost touch with, but others I'm still connected with. I look back on those moments once in a while, and I remember quite a few things.
I remember the times when I'd have so much fun there, that I didn't want to go back home to Fargo when Fridays came about. I remember not wanting to go back to regular school after being away for a week because it was so much better than regular school. Regular school for me was boring, but it was so exciting to go to the school for the blind because it was easier and there was so many things we could do. I remember one time when I was in a class there, and apparently I pocket dialed my dad by accident. I didn't even know it until I kept hearing him saying "Hello." Lol that was kind of embarrassing. I remember going on a pontoon ride for the first time. That was fun, but kind of scary at first. Another moment I remember briefly is when we went horseback riding. Well, I didn't actually. I couldn't even get on the horse. Lol. It was too tall! However, the best memory I have is when we went to Medora to see the Medora musical! That was my first time going to that, and I would LOVE to go experience it again. There was a part of the musical that was absolutely hilarious! I almost spilled my soda and popcorn all over me because I couldn't stop laughing. But yeah, a lot of great memories like I said. Too bad I don't remember everything in full detail, otherwise I would write a whole book about my experiences!

© 2021 Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on January 6, 2021
Last Updated on January 6, 2021
Tags: Life, Childhood, Memories

Author

Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe
Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe

Duluth, MN



About
Welcome to the OFFICIAL Writer's Cafe account for Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe! A visually impaired aspiring writer whose preferred pronouns are they/them. more..

Writing