The Problem with Lemurs

The Problem with Lemurs

A Story by B MacGregor
"

They multiple--unmercifully. They grow in their numbers rapidly, easily taking over a small, unsupecting web site.

"

It seemed so innocent at first.  It was just one in the beginning. 

 

I went to the local grocery store. I was hungry for bologna and mashed potatoes.  And cheese, yes.... lots of it.  I was perusing through the wide variety of bologna when I came across this wonderful, maginficent, loveable, adorable animal with big eyes and puffy cheeks. It had a tail, but I didn't think it was anything I should hold against him. That's right.  It's a he, with a nice long tail.

 

I decided to take him home with me.  He was only $2.95 and with the lemur coupon that I happened to have in my purse.  He was $.38.  No tax.

 

Unfortunately I found out that he has a tendency to devour everything in sight.  I can't keep up with his appetite. They need constant stimulation or they go mad--deeply and truly mad.  I can see it in his eyes. 

Of further horror, once they consume a certain amount.  They multiply--one becomes two, two becomes four, and so on. I am not sure how they do it, and frankly I haven't had the gumption to explore their reproduction habits.  I'll leave that up to the professionals and Astrid, people with the courage to explore. 

 

Now, the lemurs are taking over and it's not going to be pretty. They're vicious little demons with a penchant for pranks and ill-repute.  Beware.  Run.

© 2010 B MacGregor


Author's Note

B MacGregor
Place a review and see what I mean. They can be delightfully disastrous or unpredicatbly untameable. Take a risk...

It will end on October 31, Halloween.

Fly monkeys, fly.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha, I love that I managed to make my way in here!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't like to have animals who cannot be tamed. They need to be free. I like this story. Some people like to be overtaken by animals. I like the story and the ending. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really better stock up on repellent then. Quickly.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

580 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2010
Last Updated on September 21, 2010
Tags: Help, beware, lemurs, monkeys, birds, alfred hitchcock, apocaplypse

Author

B MacGregor
B MacGregor

IA



About
Mixed breed with a chocolate muzzle. more..

Writing