The Point of Age

The Point of Age

A Poem by Brette Medb
"

A Simple version of how points of view and priorities change throughout life and age.

"

From the point of the maiden
So innocent and pure
The life she inhabits
Has infinite possibilities.
From the point of the mother
So in the midst of her life
Wishes to impart upon the maiden
The ability to reason before love.
From the point of the grandmother
So wisoned and aged
She seeks to teach
The lessons to the maiden and the mother
That nothing in life lasts forever.

 

 

© 2008 Brette Medb


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The Circle, The Triad, and the Flow.
This was a wonderful poem. It brings into clarity the sacred patterns of life itself. WE learn---We deal---We teach.
As life is often confusing in this day and age, a poem like this reminds me that most things are pretty simple, and we the individual make them complicated.

So true; the last line sums life up perfectly. Everything ends at some point, or changes into a new form to begin the cycle again.

This was wonderful! :)
Nature's Essence

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very well done. I would add that a mother also fears the infinite possibilities of her childrens' lives, seeing danger around every corner, hoping and praying that her loved ones won't make a choice that leads to sorrow. As for the old lady part, I'm not there yet, thank god! (Although closer than I was yesterday.)

Posted 15 Years Ago


very short yet it gets the point across and is very well written

Posted 15 Years Ago


That was absolutely wonderful. So simplistic yet the message is delivered all that more strongly. Great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Awsome read- though i do believe somethings are eternal everything flowed and the point was delivered well

Great job

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is so true.

As a daughter, my mother tried teaching me the beauty of love and heartbreak. As a mother, I teach my girls the beauty of life and pain of love. As a grandmother, I don't know. I think I will try teaching them the beauty of a life that can be taken at any time, and that love and pain and heartbreak are part of that beauty.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very wise for someone of your age (smile)
I agree with everything you wrote in this.
Thanks for sharing.
Kelley Frost

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As a mother myself, I know. You covered it all quite beautifully and with elegance and grace.

Absolutely lovely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

if my mother is a poet, she has spoken these words. the message is wonderfully arranged in a poetic flow that bring to me a dreamlike mood.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a perfect Mother's Day tribute this is, and so wonderfully penned :) To pass on our wisdom to our daughters, and to their daughters.... so as to hopefully prevent them from stumbling along the way.

Beautiful work.

xo Dani

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


From the idealistic to the truth. Short and well imparted. But I think I will always wonder about just what may live forever and what on earth is truth or not. Enjoyed this write, thanks for sharing.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

445 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 3, 2008

Author

Brette Medb
Brette Medb

BOSTON



About
So many things have changed and I'm just trying to catch my bearings. All I want is to start writing again and not lose myself to all this change. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Brette Medb



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..