Miscommunication

Miscommunication

A Poem by Brette Medb
"

A little bit of musing over religion and how people get so wrapped up in their 'faith' yet don't truly practice it. I'm not just talking about Christians but it got a little too long, if people like it I'll give my opinion on others as well.

"

Unholy art thou

Born of original sin

Forver to walk this world

Paying for the sins of the creator.

The black mark upon your soul

Awaiting to be set free

To the Pearly Gates of serenity.

A God, An all loving, All forgiving God

But only to those who

REPENT and

CONFORM

To the same dogma

That killed thousands of

PEOPLE

In the name of

CHRISTIANITY.

Burn in Hell Heathen they say,

Odd, Heathens live on Heaths

Just as Pagan are paganus; farmers,

Well now, I'm not either of those.

Come walk with me to

The Pearly Gates

Where angels fly and God passes judgement.

Been a pretty good person

How 'bout you?

Not Christian? Yea me neither.

Wonder what his judgement will be.

My, an ALL loving God

Who strikes down a pure soul

In the name of FAITH!

Come with me my children

Save your soul

REPENT!
REPENT!

That's what the Homeless guy

D

   O

      W

         N

The street tells me everyday.

When the world ends

and IF Jesus comes

Tell him I'm not hopping on a bandwagon

With a bunch of "Christians"

Who 'practice' their faith by persecuting others.

I'd rather be put in

HELL

for my GOOD DEEDS

Than go to HEAVEN

With people who murder in the name of

RELIGION

© 2008 Brette Medb


Author's Note

Brette Medb
When I say murder in the name of religion I mean the Inquisition, the Crusades and all the persecutions to those who weren't of the Christian faith in the name of the ONE TRUE God. People constantly criticize the religions that persecute others to this day but many fail to remember the thousands of lives cut down in the name of Christianity.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Excellent! I feel exactly the same way. I would rather burn in hell for eternity than to serve a god who would cast anyone into a hell for eternity. You have greater wisdom than they. It's a shame that more people don't understand the difference between religion and spirituality. Religion delves into man-made belief systems. Spirituality delves into the essence of who we are, without beliefs. You have tons to offer this world with your writing and your self discoveries. Much love....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

beautifully written... no dought about the massage...- lets see- I don't know if the words you wrote here you preach or not... they are to move and startle a lot of people, but- remember that the words we say craft the our inner beings we are...- i enjoyed this piece very much, great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Religion is not "played" by the very few at the top, it is the oldest myth in the world to pit light against dark.(see: Zeitgeist, the viral website). And any God worth it's salt would appreciate well meaning...I sometimes feel like saying, "Devil? Where?" and then grabbing my friend and shaking him to see if I can cast the devil out...no luck so far...maybe the devil is a heavy sleeper? Great job, and remember after you place the dagger, twist it...

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is great! I love how you express yourself. This is a good poem that deals with a touchy subject! Very good!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is very true, I agree with the most part that you've written there. That's the main problem with the whole world today, just as you've quoted; "Miscommuniation" But, there's something else; "Misunderstanding" Also, they all are still at it; They all fear what they don't understand, that's why there's a real mess everywhere...

Anyway, I've enjoyed how you've set up the fonts like that. It made your writing more worth reading, so it's all good though...


Posted 15 Years Ago


This was quite enjoyable to read. It's interesting how truly sheep-like people are, especially when it comes to matters of religious differences. I have nothing against religion; I find it refreshingly human to believe in something that can't be proven empirically. But what you've touched on here is very true. So long as people have different beliefs and ideologies, they're going to busy themselves with convincing others that their way is the one way. In doing so, wars get waged and people kill each other. To quote the great Mr. Vonnegut, "So it goes."

As far as the poem is concerned, I'd say it's fine as it is. I would normally, as you may know, have a handfull of suggestion to offer, but not so much today. You made a very clear and round point. I LOVE the title -- it's completely fitting. The only suggestion I would make, though, would be to revise the first line. It seems a bit archaic to me, and there are no other lines similar to it in the poem. Anyway, definately keep up the good work, Ms. Brette. Have a good one.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Excellent! I feel exactly the same way. I would rather burn in hell for eternity than to serve a god who would cast anyone into a hell for eternity. You have greater wisdom than they. It's a shame that more people don't understand the difference between religion and spirituality. Religion delves into man-made belief systems. Spirituality delves into the essence of who we are, without beliefs. You have tons to offer this world with your writing and your self discoveries. Much love....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Seriosuly this poem is powerful! your words carry weight throug this whole piece.. and the endings has the punch that knocks the breathe out of you. The emphasis is in all the right places.. this is why i say, "religion is a fraud" but god isn't... ;-p I commend for taking such a stance, when few would.

thank you for sharing

much love n' respect

-Lalli

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is another powerful piece, Brette. I like the way you've organized your thoughts and the format you used to get all your thoughts down on paper.

Posted 15 Years Ago


YEAH! This poem tells my exact feelings..not to long ago I tried to talk to a severe Christian and he proceeded to tell me I was going to hell because I wasn't a Christian..Scary..The whole thing is completely illogical..THANK YOU for saying it! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
9 Reviews
Added on May 6, 2008
Last Updated on May 6, 2008

Author

Brette Medb
Brette Medb

BOSTON



About
So many things have changed and I'm just trying to catch my bearings. All I want is to start writing again and not lose myself to all this change. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Brette Medb





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5