The Truth of An Old Soul

The Truth of An Old Soul

A Story by Brette Medb
"

This will probably be added to later but this is the Truth of An Old Soul.

"

    The words halt at the tip of my mind refusing to flow other than scattered images around my tired psychie. This is my curse. When there are so many thoughts, so many images, delusions if you will they fight to be exposed, to be understood by my conscious. My Muse has an odd sense of humor, she brings me dreams, visions of what could be but then laughs at my piteous attempts to put thought to paper. Whispers in the darkness haunt me in my waking hours and lands of long ago stalk my dreams. A soul out of place in this modern time, a longing to go back to my native home. The Emerald Isle of my soul, the place of old that calls out to me, tearing a piece in my already wounded heart. An emptiness so vast it seems as though even the great Atlantic Ocean could not fill the caverns that have carved themselves within the very depths of my soul. An Old Soul, a name, but yet so much more than just a name, the truth of my existence. A name that has slowly defined me as I realize with every passing day it's truth.

To dance beneath the darkened sky
Whispers of magic blowing in the breeze
Power abound within the soul of old
To call upon the roots that lie so deep.

    These are the words of my past, of my present and of my future, these are the words of my heritage. Both Native American and Irish, The Shaman, the Wisewoman, the ageless Great Spirit lives deep within me calling me to a lonely path that I know I must take. A sense of duty that others know not, but the demand of my soul to spread its wings and teach those who do not understand. That is the bane of my existence. Being bound to others through my need to teach and to lead others on their path through life, but seeking the solace of a forest or a desolate beach. Where my soul shall find peace has yet to be discovered but alas that is the curse of an Old Soul, to be forever trapped in the duty to help others and the wish to be in ages past. The only release; the written word. 

© 2008 Brette Medb


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well brilliant words ring so true when they come across the ears in which they were intended. in my own mind and through the experences that i have seen and understood i know now i am not alone! i am an old souls as well as old as merlyn himself, his thoughts ring true in my heart and in my deed of action. but still i struggle against being who i was ment to be because i do not want the loneliness that will follow, but at the same time i live it each and every day. to be a druid in my case, it is to seek knowledge and understand the world around me. to teach what i know so people may live in intelligence not ignorance. i do understand the aloneness, solitary thoughts bring out the best and when you put them to paper it transcends it to beauty uncomprehendable by visions and it is one form mother has aloowed us to understand our own minds and to glimpse what athers are thinking.

i like the honesty that you put forth and the way it just is! well done and may the blessings of the ancients truly bless and keep you and the lord and lady watch over you!

blessed be!
windstorm

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This submission really provoked me to think deeply. It's very well written, but the idea of what exactly this story is about is a little cloudy. I have so many questions and begging for detail.

For example: "he words halt at the tip of my mind refusing to flow other than scattered images around my tired psychie. This is my curse."

How is it a curse?

As for the rest of the work, I'm not a very spiritual person; but i can tell you're conveying an important message. Just a personal opinion.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A fine read...

Posted 14 Years Ago


you've got such a refreshing way with words.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wonderful :) I see why you liked blue druid...lol my wife is irish, and an inspiration...your work is powerful and deep, contains a longing and still the conflict inherent in your path. well done :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, I'm so glad I came to read your work today. The only release indeed. So many dark and beautiful hours I've spent writing, trying to make others "see". At one point I was in a place with a large audience, and to use my words to teach was such an awesome feeling of power, of fulfillment. To touch one soul, that means the world, doesn't it?
You understand, as many of us who find ourselves here on the cafe do. This is why I love this place.
Well expressed, and your voice is exceptionally pleasant to the reader.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CC
Ah, to be true to yourself or to others... can a balance ever truly be acheived? It is the nature of a good person to help others, and a need for an artist to have isolation... the struggle is to merge these battling identities without compromising yourself... i like it because i identify with it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Welcome witch. Congratulations on your wedding plans. Today I've been married 52 years (and all of them happy) I wish you the same
One of these years we'll walk on Eire.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like how the words flow and how they stick with you after you read it. It makes you want to read more and keeps you thinking long after you finish. Good job! :3

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hi Brette.
Wow; very good. I think you've just described the collective human mind and its common dilemma of existance. For such a concept of reincarnation and a desire of what one is not sure of where the origination of that desire, the human mind is reflected in essence of the soul through your words, especially for those of us who believe we're of an ancient age.

If you would like, I have submitted a story about reincarnation you may find interesting, it's called 'the Trance.'

Excelllent writing. I salute you, dear, and hope that you continure to write as well as hope that you one day put on the elusive commission in the Army. Take care, shipmate!
BZ

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the way you put words together. It would be interesting to learn how you find your passion for this. Descriptions are good. You have a style very different from mine, but that's what I like about it. I look forward to more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2624 Views
46 Reviews
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on June 16, 2008

Author

Brette Medb
Brette Medb

BOSTON



About
So many things have changed and I'm just trying to catch my bearings. All I want is to start writing again and not lose myself to all this change. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Brette Medb