Cause and Affect

Cause and Affect

A Poem by Brette Medb

This world dare threatens to take you away, away from me and all that I hold dear.

Who knew I could ever love this much or care this much for someone other than me.

It is you who I see in my dreams and awake to each morn', it is you that I love.

Tenderly I see into your eyes and I feel this emotion arise within my breast,

One that I have never experienced so profoundly before or ever believed did exist.

When you go, leave and fight for things that are not free where does that leave me?

Alone. Alone in this world with nothing, no one to anchor me.

It is being alone that I have learned to fear the most, something I had never previously cared for.

Alive between you and I is a thing I never thought I would find, something so easily lost,

Love that be gone with one shot, one resound of a single round.

I fear the future without the laughter I have grown so accustomed leaving me

Lost, Alone, and Afraid to go on without you.

© 2010 Brette Medb


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The military life is hard. I spend 15 year on active duty. I was single at the beginning. I volunteers for ever mission for 10 years. I got marry. Hard on children and wife. Poem tells a true story of our Soldiers. Separation is hard and seem never to end. A excellent poem. I hope all is going well.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


Moving stuff, real life love, hope, and fear. The last four lines are especially strong. I also like 'When you go, leave and fight for things that are not free where does that leave me?' How many millions must have asked that very question?



Posted 15 Years Ago


When you go, leave and fight for things that are not free where does that leave me? ---- I felt this line, almost like the fighting is all for nothing and that has to be a terrible feeling.

fear the future without the laughter I have grown so accustomed leaving me
Lost, Alone, and Afraid to go on without you.--- another line felt.

Your words are sobering.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 22, 2009
Last Updated on October 15, 2010

Author

Brette Medb
Brette Medb

BOSTON



About
So many things have changed and I'm just trying to catch my bearings. All I want is to start writing again and not lose myself to all this change. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Brette Medb