Salt, Lime, and Paper Hearts

Salt, Lime, and Paper Hearts

A Poem by BackupAccount: Summer D.
"

Valentine's Day Poem [2012]. Love is sweet but be-careful from what you eat

"
Salt, Lime, and Paper Hearts


Through blades of wild grass, freckles of sunflowers,  here you’ll find me; my distant lover.

Make haste, up the hill and past the gate, follow the stream and there I will wait.

This afternoon, when the wind has tired from her playful games, by the tree who hangs her head in shame.

Drown me in a spoonful of your finest chocolate, intoxicate me with a bottle of your oldest cider, entertain me with the most charming of your parlor tricks.

Calm your fluttering and senseless dancing, your footloose tango of my innermost thoughts, your tone-deaf pounding on the drums of my ears.

The sunlight treads lightly over our curled figures, down the hill, and past the gate towards the trees where you will wait.

We cling to our last moments and I fumble for the words to complete this flighting moment.

Mother calls my name and I place a kiss to your worn face.


Mother, Mother! I call and cry through blades of grass, past the fence, and into her open arms.

She strokes my hair and murmurs my name; as I breathe the tales of this treasured day.

Her laughter is loud and warm; where yours is silent and soft;  not like your feathery touches to the edges of my young and trusting heart.

With a start and a tear, my body trembles, as I glance to my empty hand.

Where are you my distant lover?

Could it be you found another?


Mother, Mother! I saw the boy, with the soulful eyes, and the crow feathers.

You need not wonder any longer; you need not grieve for my most handsome lover;  for there he will be; my distant lover!

In the dusty old shelves of father’s great room; where I snuck and met my distant lover.

We talked gaily and laughed of days to come.

Exchanged foolish words of love and sweet nothings.

Little did I know of your secret my distant lover.

With water and rain you fade away.

With sunshine and day you come to stay.


Mother, Mother! I saw the boy, with soulful eyes, and the crow feathers.

He spoke to me.

And I spoke to him.

His words; like salt.

His embraces; like bitter lime.

His promises; like paper" floating on the winds gentlest peck of air.


Even if you travel through blades of wild grass, freckles of sunflowers, you’ll never find me my distant lover.

Whether in haste or not, up the hill and past the gate, along the stream; I will no longer wait.

Lover, Lover! Here I’ll be, across the sea, with nothing to keep me company.

Mother, Mother! You were right.

Never place your gems in plain sight.

Summer D.
Also Known As: Aisha_U

© 2012 BackupAccount: Summer D.


Author's Note

BackupAccount: Summer D.
That ending was sincerely spontaneous. How awesome is that? This is my Valentine piece... With a moral. I made the lover seem like a book and a person... I hope. I had fun composing this piece and I hope you enjoyed reading it. I really don't have much experience with matters of the heart but the moral isn't exactly limited to love is it? People will always try to take advantage of you! ^^" Unfortunately, I learned that the hard way.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I can't really celebrate it.. and I doubt I ever will.
It'll be me.. and my seven cats.. and a good book. :) For the rest of my life.
Yup...
Living the dream.
-grin-

YT,

Summer

P.S: " Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice." Inspiration for the title...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012

Author

BackupAccount: Summer D.
BackupAccount: Summer D.

~Visiting Laputa~, CA



About
This is a back-up account for my main account: " Summer D." I will NOT be adding anyone outside of who I've already added on my main account. So please don't send any friend requests. Thank you!.. more..

Writing