Dancing In The Dark

Dancing In The Dark

A Poem by BackupAccount: Summer D.
"

What a clever scheme it was. What a flawed plan it be. To dance in the dark, free from prying eyes and judgmental thoughts. Free to seek whomever we be, in the cover of night.

"

Dancing In The Dark 


A penny for your most priceless thoughts, a stick for your fleeting attention, a song for your woeful heart.


A kiss in the rain, a walk in the clouds, a waltz  to an unfamiliar song in a crowd of  faceless strangers.


They all seem so trivial now.


Your hands in mine, fit into the curves and grooves of my withered ones, as we sway left and right to the shallow drop and rise of our breaths.


 A mingling of mint and a dash of strawberry that disperse without our consent.


Oh, let them be, those frivolous things. 


What a clever scheme it was. What a flawed plan it be. Oh, how wicked I must seem.

 

To dance in the dark, free from prying eyes and judgmental thoughts, free to seek whomever we long, whomever we be. 


All in the elegant guise of Lady Night, that seducing sight.


The heart is a petty thing, batting for lost affections, sorrowful explanations, surreal endings.


It chides me now, against my foolish longings.  


Yet, I know better then this accursed contraption for what I should’ve commanded, it’s ever so daunting.


Through the thick air, through the frigid night, the sharp blade of wonder presses into my tender skin.


 As I struggle to recall the memory of your rough lips seeking mine- as blind as a bat, you were guided to me.


My breath held, spanning from seconds to minutes, as you leaned forward hesitantly- our bodies a tangle of limbs and puerile affections. 


I know now, what I should’ve commanded.


To allow the rays and blinding light of the sun, to be so crudely blackened out. 


The pure and the happiness, to be wrenched away viciously, as if to cease the suckling of an innocent babe from the mothers bossom.


To bend the will of all that is right, to my selfish impulses, to bestow upon me my darkest of hungers.


If it granted me those precious moments for that forbidden delight, I would take whatever lash there was to be, whatever fate was meant to see.


It flooded the room, your tainted heart, as your darkened eyes met the most unbecoming of sights.


Eyes, not blue as the gentle ocean waters. Hair, not a lush pink as the fields you wander. Skin, not a creamy slather of your shadowy, porcelain lover.


How I craved for those mere seconds. How I bled for that mere light.  I must confess to my sole weakness. 


My mind alights with the hanging air of uncertainty, it thrills me, rattling my very bones. 


Tell me, my love, can you fathom the possibilities?


Aye, for it was me, your distant admirer that hankered after your unconditional affections and vied for pieces of your shattered soul. 


Desperate, unwanted, and shamelessly so- I compete against your fanciful mistress.


For it was me, you saw in a flurry of robes and tattered rags, a child of the dark and rightfully so.


It is moments like these, I tear at my chest, shouting at the open sky a stream of the foulest of foul wielded against the chuckling angel.


It is moments like these I wish for it to stop beating.


It is moments like these, I whisper to my only comfort, to my sole companion, as I reach for my short-lived memories.


"A most unbecoming sight, indeed."



Summer D.

Otherwise Known As: Aisha_U

© 2012 BackupAccount: Summer D.


Author's Note

BackupAccount: Summer D.
Cheers for poems nobody understands, right?
We've all got some of those.
Those are my favorite.
They leave room for the mind to wander.

:P Interesting, is it not?

Dancing in the Dark.
:) Praise to Teralyn's most recent poem, " Shaky ", for pushing me to crank this out.

Took me less than an hour.
it is another, to add to my growing heartaches~

YT,

Summer

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012

Author

BackupAccount: Summer D.
BackupAccount: Summer D.

~Visiting Laputa~, CA



About
This is a back-up account for my main account: " Summer D." I will NOT be adding anyone outside of who I've already added on my main account. So please don't send any friend requests. Thank you!.. more..

Writing