whats a god to a non believer

whats a god to a non believer

A Story by BMColey
"

my thought process was wild on this piece. i dont write much and didnt really know how to write it "properly" as some people say...smh but enjoy

"
people have will and they choose how to use it. they know they're decisions no matter the distractions or setbacks that come along in life. we carry on and let our sins consume the masses we come across. our world is full of sin and we accept this? a world of lust and evil? did he expect this from his people? is he accepting this as well? or has he already left us doomed upon our destruction? now and days it's a fragile discussion. hipocrites and falsettos conversate on the topic because they know you'll accept and allow it. after all, it's all we know...we're born this way right? but i refuse to believe that a being's will is born foul. there is no plan yet; you're too young too know of these things. but in reality we're doing these things...you come here a beautiful, pure being. you grow and base yourself around theories of the mind along with common sense. somewhere along the way though you lose your common sense. now you no longer have your own personal inclination.where to go, what to do? dont worry they're waiting for people like you. to trick you into manipulating and deceiving your own will. you lose yourself...your decisions, your consequences, and your fate are condoned by you and only you.

© 2012 BMColey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We wake up each day with a choice, to do what we know is right or not. We wake up with the choice to be happy or not regardless of our circumstances. I am thankful that my higher power gives me the choice of free will.
Thank you so much for sharing your beliefs in this story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A thought-provoking little piece, to be sure. But for the love of all that is holy, tidy it up! I could fill a list the length of my arm with the errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling that were present. Understand that I don't say this to be mean - I really did like this piece of writing - but rather to try and help you improve. For a start you can simply put capital letters at the starts of your sentences.

Posted 11 Years Ago


"you lose yourself...your decisions, your consequences, and your fate are condoned by you and only you."
We all make our decision. I believe in the end. Some sort of Being will ask. What good did you do in your life? Life is the opportunity to be kind or hateful. I believe if there is a paradise? The good folks will be there. Thank you for the thoughts provoking poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I think it"s really cool that your interested at all...smiles. keep writing it will all work itself out!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cool, well thanks for sharing man. I'll stop abusing your review's page now with my continuous comments. Heh...

Posted 11 Years Ago


not a poem. more like a rant

Posted 11 Years Ago


yes scholar it is and my bad im new to the philosophy stuff but am very interested in it. theres jss so many different theories that coincide with theories i have myself and i heard this lyric from a rap song "is a pious pious cause god loves pious. then socarates asks who is bias" i researched till i found out what jay z meant and i read about the Euthyphro dilemma and it just got me inspired and so many thoughts came to my head i wish i couldve wrote faster cause id lose one thought as another appeared but anyways....i didnt really have a certain point for this poem jss speaking alot of beliefs from within me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Haha, ah I see what you're saying. Excuse my blatantly long and annoying review then.
Just curious... Is that the Euthyphro dilemma you were talking about? Or am I still entirely off? If I am -- entirely off, that is -- my apologies again. I'll just go back to my complementing you on expressing your opinions and stop trying to decipher them with my limited foreknowledge.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Scholar you're reviews are always insightful so I don't mind hearing your views on my pieces. but this piece was inspired when i researched the drama Socrates and Plato had about whether a pious is a pious cause of the god's choosing or is he a pious because he only wants to please his god. i have many mixed, hypocritical feelings about this topic and whilw riting it i got lost in translation and itrs pretty aggravating when you cant write something down exactly how you see it in your head. ill perfect the actual message of my views one day tho

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel like I'm going to be the weird, odd-one-out here who disagrees... oh well, not entirely, I'm sure.

I believe that human nature is sinful (but I'm a Christian so you know, the whole Genesis/Adam and Eve thing). We aren't perfect, sinless beings, and we don't make mistakes and do wrong because of other people who have influenced us badly. Thankfully though, I believe we have a God who forgave us for all that long ago and continues to forgive all the time.

However, I also do believe that we are heavily influenced into the characters we are today by the people we meet. If I grew up in a very artistic household for example, I might develop a passion for the arts. Or if I met a man living on the streets who shared with me his tragic life story, I might be a more sympathetic person in my later years. However, I don't think this is the same thing as whether human beings have a sinful nature or not. True, the people we meet and experiences we have will affect us, but whether or not human nature is sinful is an entirely separate matter.

I do think human nature is sinful. The only problem I would find with that would be, as you wisely addressed, the unfairness of newly born children who die being considered "sinful." In this case though, I think that our God is a God of mercy, much more so than we imagine.
But as always, there are some things in life I really don't -- and probably never will -- know.


Sorry, don't mind my rambling at all. You can just entirely ignore it as you see fit. :) I go on and on when I'm tired and it's late at night and I've just eaten a half bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos.

In any case, I admire you for sharing your beliefs and posting this story. Don't worry about whether it's the "proper" way to write it. Just get it out there. That's the first step, and it's all anyone can ask of you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


We wake up each day with a choice, to do what we know is right or not. We wake up with the choice to be happy or not regardless of our circumstances. I am thankful that my higher power gives me the choice of free will.
Thank you so much for sharing your beliefs in this story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2012
Last Updated on May 31, 2012

Author

BMColey
BMColey

AL



About
I'm Brandon. 20 years old and I just started writing about a month ago but ever since then I just feel better through and through. I've been through alot in life but who hasn't. Had heartbreaksbut aga.. more..

Writing
Untitled. Untitled.

A Poem by BMColey



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


light light

A Poem by Allen Smuckler