The Jealous Cat Princess (revision)

The Jealous Cat Princess (revision)

A Story by Brad Pine
"

A revised version of my original story

"

Bradley Pine

The Jealous Cat Princess

Once upon a time, there was a cat named Sassy. Sassy was a beautiful cat.

Sassy was a Maine Coon cat. A Maine Coon is a particular breed of feline.

***

For many years, from when Sassy was just a kitten the size of a mitten, Sassy lived with her owner, a nice young woman named Paris.

Sassy was treated like a Princess by Paris, and Sassy believed she was a Princess.

Sassy had all of her owner’s attention, their house was Sassy’s Cat Kingdom, and Sassy liked things that way.
Life was purr purr purr perfect.

***

One day, Paris brought an adorable orange kitten named Kiwi home to live with her and Sassy.

***

Paris was giving Kiwi lots of attention. Paris was smitten by Kiwi the kitten. Sassy was very surprised and was afraid that the new kitten, Kiwi, would take away the attention Paris gave Sassy, and that Kiwi would become the new Princess, and rule the Cat Kingdom.

***
Kiwi had just met Sassy, and Sassy was hissing at her, so Kiwi became agitated and hissed back with her itty bitty kitty voice.

***

Paris was surprised with Sassy and Kiwi, and sternly told the cats to “Stop all the hissing, or there will be no kissing!” Sassy and Kiwi stopped hissing for the moment.

***

When it was time for a catnap, Sassy jumped up on Paris’ bed and laid down. Kiwi followed, climbing up and onto the bed to lay down. Sassy hissed at Kiwi! “This is not your bed to tread! Go find your own catnap spot to trot.” Kiwi jumped off the bed with a whimper, and sporting a sad frown, went to lay down on the cold floor for her catnap.

***

After the catnap, Paris noisily shook a cat treat bag, and called out to the cats: “Princesses, come have some treats, they are good eats!”
Sassy ran to get some delicious cat snacks. Kiwi approached for some of the treats, too.

Sassy gobbled up almost all of the treats, there was only one treat left for Kiwi. As Kiwi started to eat the treat, Sassy hissed! “Those treats are all mine they are not for you, go somewhere else and find something to chew!” Kiwi was so upset because of Sassy, she could not even eat the single treat. Kiwi walked away with an empty stomach and a broken heart.
***

Later in the day, Kiwi spotted an interesting empty box on the floor in the bedroom. Kiwi was curious and approached the box. Suddenly, Sassy barged in, bumping into Kiwi. Sassy jumped in the box and sat in it. Sassy proclaimed “Go find your own empty box to sit in, Kiwi!” Kiwi had had enough of Sassy’s attitude, so she confronted Sassy by hissing at her. Sassy hissed back and said to Kiwi “Are you trying to be the new Princess of this Cat Kingdom?” and Kiwi replied, “No, I just want to be your friend, when will all this fighting end?”

***
Sassy was surprised. It was because of something that Kiwi had said. Kiwi had said she just wanted to be Sassy’s friend. This whole time, Sassy was so angry, jealous, and upset with worry that Kiwi was going to take over the Cat Kingdom, that she only saw Kiwi as an enemy, not as a friend. Sassy realized she was not being a classy cat, that in fact, she was being a brat cat. A good Princess would never treat another cat in the Cat Kingdom the way she had been treating Kiwi. Sassy needed to fix this broken relationship.
***
Sassy had a talk with Kiwi. Sassy apologized to Kiwi, explaining that they were both Princesses and that they should share the Cat Kingdom as fur friends. Sassy and Kiwi became best fur friends. The cats were both Princesses and were happy living together in the Cat Kingdom with their owner Paris, with no more hissing. Sassy and Kiwi even have cuddly catnaps together, and life is purr purr purr perfect in their Cat Kingdom. The end.

***

This story is based on a true story.

My friend Paris recently introduced a new kitten, Kiwi, into her home already occupied by her longtime companion cat, Sassy.

There was a whole lot of hissing at the start, but now there is a whole lot of cuddly cat naps.

© 2016 Brad Pine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
Added on August 5, 2016
Last Updated on August 5, 2016

Author

Brad Pine
Brad Pine

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada



About
College student more..

Writing