Accusations

Accusations

A Chapter by BTBeamon

Accusations At our cause’s headquarters, minus Meric, Faust and myself prepare for the days canvasing. We carefully dress ourselves--we wear full suits--to ensure an extremely clean cut and professional appearance. That way, when we say we know something, it looks that way. At first, I have no idea how she knows, but she knows: “You piece of s**t,” she says. She means it. “You’re still seeing that w***e.” I’ve told her only about my initial, brief, non-intimate meal with Kate. You witnessed Faust’s equally brief remarks on the matter. How can she know? Has she followed me? I choose silence. I cringe as Faust slams shoes to the ground. “Meric was clear. And so am I. But no! You, the little a*****e, think it’s OK! Just pleased as f*****g punch to ignore the rules we all agreed to just to feel up the first curvy w***e you can manipulate.” I don’t say a thing, but I think: Enough! No! Kate D’Angelo is no w***e. Far from it. She is comfortable around me, and I am equally so around her. Nobody may remove that progress. And I don’t think it’s OK, I know it’s OK. As for Meric: in the words of my friend Kate, who I am comfortable with: F**k him! And because I think this, and don’t say a word of it, I wear a little smile in the real world. Faust, of course, observes this. “What the f**k are you smiling at, a*****e? You think this is a joke? Or have you . . . You’ve forsaken your integrity within this cause, haven’t you?” You know what? I am several steps off my “cause” ladder at the moment, so allow me to speak plainly in explaining this: She is asking, have Kate and I fucked in any form or fashion. No, we haven’t. I’ve said this already, if you picked up on it. However, Faust appears convinced and concerned. And another thing . . . (Now, finally, I speak). I say, “How, precisely, did Meric know about Kate and mine’s first meeting, anyway?” Silence strikes Faust, only for a moment. “Give me a break,” she says. “What, you thought you ‘had me’ on that little observation? F**k yes, I told him about it. Not even a hint of backsliding is permissible. So don’t you look at me, don’t you dare look at me like that.” I trusted Faust. I am betrayed.


© 2010 BTBeamon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on May 12, 2010
Last Updated on May 12, 2010


Author

BTBeamon
BTBeamon

NC



About
Follow me at http://believethattoo.wordpress.com/ more..

Writing
Nihil Sine Nihil Sine

A Story by BTBeamon


Zeal Zeal

A Chapter by BTBeamon