Hello World

Hello World

A Story by Dezaraye
"

Inspired by "Hello World" by Lady Antebellum. I've been listening to this song all day. It touches me in a very profound way that just can't be put to words.

"

The sky glimmers above her, so blue she can’t stand it.  Puffy white clouds drift by, bouncing, billowing, blowing in the air and she is captivated.  The music starts within her and she closes her eyes, feeling her body being caressed by the breeze blowing by.  It is warm.  The grass tickles her ankles, her skirt drifting out behind her and she leans into it.

 

She throws her arms out into the openness that surrounds her and she begins to sway slowly, so, so slowly, enjoying the beauty of this day.  The music’s volume increases and she moves her feet in a circular motion, allowing it to carry her body in ways of its own choosing.  She pirouettes and leaps through the air so gracefully, carried in a dance that is all her own.  She can feel the music vibrating through every fiber of her being.  She is the music and the music is her.

 

This moment freezes in time and she dances on without a care.  Weightless, she feels her soul take flight.  Her heart is so full she feels that it will burst.  Spurred on by the emotion she continues her dance, tears of sheer joy pool in her deep blue eyes before trickling down her pink cheeks.  Her hair cascades around her in a river of golden curls.  She feels her skirt flowing out around her and a childish giggle escapes her parted lips.

 

She dances until she is breathless.  Her chest expands with each breath and she can feel new life pumping through her veins.  Lying down, she feels the grass cradle her and continues to feel the music move through her.  She closes her eyes, allowing the sun to bathe her in its golden warmth and smiles.  She can see the yellow pools of light through her closed lids and feel the breeze caressing her still.

 

She has fully captured this stunning moment within her soul and felt it change her.  Alone in her reverie she breathes slowly filling herself with peace, hope, joy, and love.  For this moment, it is enough.

 

Hello, world.

© 2011 Dezaraye


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Documentation
4/5/18
3:31 PM U.S. CST
"My Review of Hello, World by Dezaraye, a Fellow Writer's Cafe Author"
by PB Jacobs (www.writerscafe.org)

Dude, you're a Betsy Chiffon! Congratulations! You made it to fantasyland! Well done?

Hey, did you check my photo's out? Some of them might just reflect the person you have displayed in the picture you are providing. That's just it, from there to there, internet documentation is a fantasy, as no one know's who is typing what. But then, there is fact-of-the-matter and reality kind of internet content, and that needs no second guessing, as America is a land of legitimacy. I guess you can be a Betsy Chiffon! I'll live!

One thing I'll say is you have an active imagination. Awesome! I'll friend you.

I like it as you get all demonstrative and descriptive. Neato!

Yeah, I get off on your writing, as you get mildly dramatic, and you throw sprig's of this and that in it. This has Betsy Chiffon written all over it!

PB Jacobs

Posted 6 Years Ago


Great story telling. This did justice in the realm of getting the message across. Great message. There's lot of times where a story can have a great message to aim for, and have a lot of under lining things but then no one gets it, and if no one gets it, then the point has failed. But in my opinion this did well to get the message across. You made it clear, which is why I think it's good. Keep up the good work. What was also great was that I could imagine the story as I read it, and that is also a strong point of stories. The ability to have the reader imagine it because after all we're reading not watching it, but it was as if I was there as I read this, and that is great. Good job once again.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very visual. You are completely drawn in my the imagery and you can almost feel the sun on your face.

Posted 11 Years Ago


becoming one with the rhythm of the universe-experience life ...completely in all of its bounty and perfection..thats an amazing feeling ! very well penned...

ps-Lady Antebellum is one of my favorites too :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I could feel the grass as I read it, and I could see the bouncing clouds. Very well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
STUNNING!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dezaraye, this is beautiful I am so sorry I missed it when you penned it. I remember this voice. It is exquisite. When you shine, you shine@

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dez, this is beautiful! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get to it. Not only has she captured the stunning moment, but you found a way to encapsulate it with words. Very well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm glad you found peace, hope, joy, and love. You deserve that and more, gf.
A lovely Story, D.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1162 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2011
Last Updated on January 15, 2011

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


hush-hush hush-hush

A Poem by TamiViolet


Fragile Freak Fragile Freak

A Poem by Bubo