Tree Breath

Tree Breath

A Poem by Poe Redd
"

no desc.

"
Incline an ear to the blistering bark of the tree to hear the riot that is its breathing. No singing here, the oak steps on the joyous blossoms at its feet, dishevelled thinks nothing so sweet. Flowers have larynxes to relay all we say in harmony. Trees have hearts to pray, but cheat, in breaths that ferment with each defeat. A heart splinters to redeem its forlorn place under man's feet. Release the cupid trapped in its rings of crawling things, still the tree won't sing. Though its lungs are all firmament, the clouds- black saturnine- are all mind. And so it thinks it shall not sink to compost dirt with flirting flowers of mirth. Cursed, takes an uncharacteristically narcissistic turn until at last it burns- our heat its urn. Returns death-smoke with heavy breathing. Every tree seething, chokes on six-legged screaming, hates us but we give it meaning, so they give us breath in turn.

© 2012 Poe Redd


Author's Note

Poe Redd
my little brother exclaimed one day that he could hear the flowers sing. stopped to listen to each plant. To the first tree- "This one's not singing, just breathing."

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome!:) Loove it! :) The imagination of a child:P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great to read, love the style and the thoughts :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


"This one's not singing, just breathing."
If people knew more about trees. They would realize they are alive and do great thing s for us. I enjoyed your thoughts and the logical ending. Life is give and take. The trees give us the needed air to breath. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on July 10, 2012
Tags: tree, nature, stuff, forest, flowers, sweet, smelling, plants, breath, life, fire, bugs

Author

Poe Redd
Poe Redd

Ontario, Canada



About
I'm back!! Will update all this nonsense soon. Much new writing to arrive shortly. Not a place for children. more..

Writing
Harsh Light Harsh Light

A Poem by Poe Redd


Supernova Supernova

A Poem by Poe Redd



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hell-Holes Hell-Holes

A Poem by Poe Redd